Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Complete Deere Newb! My Introduction

I wanted to post a couple of days before I goto my local Deere and sign the papers to order my new 1025r TLB ... I think it's a pretty decent deal. 23134 MSRP with a 17% Discount, and another 2400 for the 60" MMM with Mechanical lift. I've added things like the guards for the lights on the ROPS and the brush Gaurd ... I'm guessing with the included backhoe the power beyond is part of that package deal? local dealer couldn't tell me positively.

Anything else I should have on the 'must have' order list??

·
Super Moderator
5,112 Posts
Yup. The Backhoe runs off of the Power Beyond connections so if you order the factory TLB (aka "FILB") configuration, it comes with the Power Beyond installed.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Congratulations! I love mine. The brush guard and power beyond are included in the tractor loader backhoe combo. Get some of their polyurea grease, it is recommended and a superior lubricant. Get an extra set of mower blades to keep you moving if you get dull or hit a root or anything. It's not a bad idea to have an extra quart or two of the low viscosity hi guard hydraulic fluid on hand. Get the steering wheel spinner knob! I have worked on mine and my girlfriends 1 series and found the mower spindles had very little grease in them and had to pump many strokes in them before grease began to purge anywhere. Enjoy your new tractor! :greentractorride:

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Congrats, you'll love it.:yahoo:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great!! I'm glad to hear it.

I'll hopefully doing all the paperwork and such Tuesday, whats the normal lead time on ordering to delivery (i forgot to ask, was too excited like a Kid in a candy store haha )

·
Registered
447 Posts
See if you can get the 53" loader bucket instead of the 49". I wish i had done some more research before I bought mine.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Welcome from Idaho.
Very happy with my FILB and am often surprised by just how much the little green ogre is capable of.
I have a couple of acres that was in real need of grading/landscaping (and snow removal). I bought it in February and have used the hoe to dig out numerous stumps and a few trenches. FEL has been used to move a lot of gravel and most recently to backfill the foundation of our new addition. Box scraper was used to rough grade "The Park" area. They really are handy to have around.

·
Registered
523 Posts
See if you can get the 53" loader bucket instead of the 49". I wish i had done some more research before I bought mine.
Same here. 49" is OK, but for just a little bump, I think the 53" would have served me better.

Be sure and confirm training on the ENTIRE system. Schedule it early. Have them install and remove everything, then you do it. I didn't and had to learn it on my own.

I had a problem right out of the box with my boom cylinder leaking down. You could watch it fall. Again spend some time with the Shop Guys. Pull all the pins on the BH, drive around. Easier to find issues right there at the Shop. Check the bucket and read up on floppy bucket (and another one, I can't remember).

See if a hard left turn contacts the steering cylinder hose. Have them fix it.

Check the swivel seat and make sure they lube the ball joints. It will probably fail anyway, but it give something to last a little longer.

Make sure you have them install the 3 point. Make sure it is oriented properly. They can leave the links attached to the arms. Some guys have left the Shop without any or all the parts.

When you get home, disable the RIO. Several methods, do a search here. No sense in suffering through it's use.

Get a good grease gun. Have them show you all the grease points. Careful attention to the U joints and sliding splines underneath.

Check all the fluid levels. Trans, engine, radiator, front axle.

Contact your Insurance company. You will need to have coverage and JD on a policy, if you are financing.

If you are hauling, chains are highly recommended. I used heavy straps, and found 2 cut in have by sharp edges. The sharp edges are everywhere and not entirely obvious.

If you are over 200#, get the heavier Seat Springs from Ken's-bolt-on hooks, a vendor here. Get the hooks also and consider one for the BH bucket.

Bring a tape measure and verify the mower deck height. Place it in different positions and measure again. Install and remove the deck several times in different places. Release lever should release with one finger. Latch should click on the first try when installing.

Don't be afraid to utilize these guy's time. You paid for it and they know it. Drive the thing around between each operation they show you. Lets things settle before installing/removing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you FredHickory!!! There was a ton of Very useful info in that post! :thumbup1gif: I appreciate the time that it took to write that up and I will for sure be ordering the 53" bucket.

Thank you again, very much! :bigbeer:

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Some things i ordered with mine

I just ordered mine friday and i also got the 53" bucket. Dealer said it 53$ more but he threw it in on the deal. I also got a ballast box, I dont know if you intend to always have the backhoe on if not should have ballast box with endloader. Nows the cheapst time to buy on mine was 232. Now we wait my delivery is around 8/1 already have serial number but waiting on accessories ordered. Good Luck:greentractorride::bigthumb:

·
Registered
386 Posts
For me, I always use the backjoe for ballast. It goes on and off quick especially since I got the BXPanded backhoe dolly. Just put it on to take a box blade out of my truck yesterday. Took it off again right after that.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Thank you FredHickory!!! There was a ton of Very useful info in that post! :thumbup1gif: I appreciate the time that it took to write that up and I will for sure be ordering the 53" bucket.

Thank you again, very much! :bigbeer:
I have a trailer, chains, etc. you are welcome to use if you need it for pickup. You are very close, so it wouldn't be more than a few miles out of your way to pick it up.

I can also show you how I ballast using a carry-all and weights at the back. The backhoe can get a little hairy on the hills in our area.

Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts