Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the positive reception on youtube, I decided that GTT members might be interested in this topic.

We visited the "Original Tractor Cab" factory this week. Very fascinating place.
I always thought these little cabs might be kind of 'cheap'. However, it seemed quite sturdy, and well suited for the job. I wouldn't hesitate to get one now.

Here is Katriel's blog post about our visit:

The Original Tractor Cab Co. (and Tractor Umbrellas) - Tractor Time with Tim

...and here is the video:

Enjoy...

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
I saw that earlier today on youtube.
Original Tractor Cab is about 34 miles west of my home. I have owned 3 of their cabs. It was very interesting to see how they were made.
I had forgot about a design feature I gave them.

At the start of 2012, when I bought an Original Tractor Cab for a 2720, the cab support braces connected to the ROPS above the hinge. That meant that the ROPS could not be folded down & that the tractor would not go through my garage door. I built a cab support bracket that attached below the ROPS hinge that would allow the cab to be supported & allow the ROPS to be folded down.. I sent Original Tractor Cab a picture of the brace. It was not very long before they had put it into production. I got nothing for it, but it is nice to see my design in your video.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are just having too much fun, Tim!! :good2:

How did you spend your time before you got your John Deere?
I'm not sure, Mark. We're really enjoying getting to meet good folks like Wayne.

·
Premium Member
14,757 Posts
Thanks Tim and family for the video as usual Great Job.:bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

I've had a Original Cab for my first JD425, then one for a 2210 , same one for 2 different 2305, and now the same one for then 1026r now 10235r.

Over the years I have talked with the Wayne and always received a well made cab. I will say one thing when I received the cab for the 1025r , I called and talked with his designers concerning a problem I seen . The first cabs didn't have a front left side support from cab to frame of tractor . I called and asked why not. I was told they were designed with a better support brackets to the ROPS.

Well over the past 4 yrs of leaving frame on tractor year round , noticed I had some items that needed replaced. I got on there website and noticed they have added front L support and changed the rear support to tie the rear lower part of the cab together .. A much better design and believe it will hold up much better over the long haul.
As Wayne was saying about the material and the door and rear windows . Great, after 4+ yrs still easy to see out and no damage.

I've always said for the money , this cab can not be beat... :bigthumb::bigthumb:

I've sold at least 6 cabs that I know of and maybe more of them over the years to new tractor owners.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Mt question is if you leave the framework on can you use a backhoe easily? Hate like heck to buy something needing 4 hours on and 4 hours off sprig and fall.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,757 Posts
Mt question is if you leave the framework on can you use a backhoe easily? Hate like heck to buy something needing 4 hours on and 4 hours off sprig and fall.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Yep, sure can , I'm 66 and no problem plus you have a sun shade or if its raining take a small tarp put a couple of high post out at your feet helps keep you dry.

For me I leave the cab work year around , I have LED lights mounted to the front of the cab and to the ROPS on the rear of the cab. Also have a few ange braces across the top and have a am-fm radio .. Been thinking about removing the radio usually only listen to the same music that I have on my phone.:dunno::dunno:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
Great video Tim and family! :bigthumb: Now if you buy one I'll take it off your hands when you trade for the 2032r. :lolol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts