Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Original Tractor Cab (OTC) installed w/ glass windshield and electric wiper. No more freezing to death in 45mph wind driven ice. Installation took about 3hrs and was very straightforward. Put my own LED work lights on it, cheap Amazon specials. Also put some red LEDs inside so I can see the controls.

I haven't installed the little electric heater included and don't think I'll need it. The heat of the machine itself seems to keep it warm enough. And the sun definitely makes it toasty. If I was spending hours upon hours in it, I'd probably get the Curtis engine coolant supplied heater. I may need to put a little 12v fan in it for windshield defog if it's humid, we'll see.

For the winters here in MD, this $1700 cab is perfect. A $4-9k Curtis or Mauser cab would be fabulous but totally not worth the $$.

Made in USA, and actual humans from Indiana answer the phone when you call. Shipped same day and delivered 2 days later. Very pleased. Of course now it probably won't snow the rest of the year.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Mode of transport

Automotive lighting Hood Watercraft Motor vehicle Vehicle

Automotive lighting Gas Tints and shades Magenta Space

Purple Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Magenta

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Light

·
Registered
797 Posts
Original Tractor Cab (OTC) installed w/ glass windshield and electric wiper.
I’ve got this exact configuration saved in a shopping cart. Quick question, can this be installed with the top half of the tops folded back or completely removed ?

I know this is not a ROPS cab, but if the ROPS is up, I can’t get in the garage.

·
Registered
2015 1025R
118 Posts
Great addition.... looks nice and cozy !!

Reactions: Pedals2Paddles

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve got this exact configuration saved in a shopping cart. Quick question, can this be installed with the top half of the tops folded back or completely removed ?

I know this is not a ROPS cab, but if the ROPS is up, I can’t get in the garage.
Yes. There's support brackets attached to the lower half of the rops. It can fold down without issue.

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Curious on removal time and storage requirements. I'm assuming this is going to be a winter only cab for you @Pedals2Paddles ?
8 bolts and the whole thing will lift up and off. TTWT has videos showing that removal and reinstall. My plan-A for summer however is to just remove the vinyl sides and glass. Leave the roof on and I have an open canopy for shade. Especially if I have a little fan by then.

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought some plumbing pipe insulation and put it around theinside of the cab, it really helped the air infiltration.
Yeah I actually started doing that already with some i had laying around. I think a foam or blanket or something would seal up the back bottom nicely.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Very nice. I like it. 👍 Not a bad price either.

·
Registered
468 Posts
That's great that the ROPS can be flipped back with the cab on.

I was going to buy a canopy this summer....but now I'm thinking this might be more what I want. This will fit in my shed door, but the upright ROPS does not, so I flip it back when I put the tractor away.

I also see a use for this in the fall when I'm cutting up leaves. Seems no matter what I do I get dust/debris in my eyes (no matter what I use for eye pro) when cutting leaves in the late fall. This would sure make my life better for that time of year, too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's great that the ROPS can be flipped back with the cab on.

I was going to buy a canopy this summer....but now I'm thinking this might be more what I want. This will fit in my shed door, but the upright ROPS does not, so I flip it back when I put the tractor away.

I also see a use for this in the fall when I'm cutting up leaves. Seems no matter what I do I get dust/debris in my eyes (no matter what I use for eye pro) when cutting leaves in the late fall. This would sure make my life better for that time of year, too.
it works great for doing leaves, I didn’t even have to wear a dust mask, however if it’s warmer than say 55 degrees it will get a bit warm in there.

·
Registered
468 Posts
it works great for doing leaves, I didn’t even have to wear a dust mask, however if it’s warmer than say 55 degrees it will get a bit warm in there.
That’s good to know. Till my leaves really drop and I can clean up it’s often into November and usually pretty chilly.

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seat heating pad is in. Fits perfectly and put the JD cover over it. It doesn't get hot like an OEM car heated seat. But it's warm and not cold. For $30 cheap junk on Amazon, it will be fine. Just plugs into the lighter plug.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Mode of transport Yellow Car seat

And put a little fan up top to defog the glass or desweat myself.
Motor vehicle Mode of transport Electricity Ceiling Beam

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have a very similar air-hose reel. I used to keep it in EXACTLY the same location you have yours. I just moved it to the ceiling, just beyond where the garage door stops and i find it to be significantly better for all around usage. It really excels getting out to the driveway which seems to be where I do most tire fills (bikes, trailers, yadda, yadda, yadda).

Also, finance committee nixed my OTC cab saying "I'll buy you ski-goggles". I told her that she's running the blower for the next storm.

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also, finance committee nixed my OTC cab saying "I'll buy you ski-goggles". I told her that she's running the blower for the next storm.
I believe that is the windshield component of the very economical WTC... "Wearable Tractor Cab"

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,439 Posts
Sounds like a good plan............ It might just help create a new appreciation for how snow shouldn't be worn, even with ski goggles and snow is better when just seen and enjoyed............. (y) Somehow, no matter where one aims the snow blower chute, it always seems to be directly into a headwind. Plus the air seems to "swirl" around buildings and can end up coating you quite well, even with ski goggles............. ;)

Nice OTC Cab and installation job, P2P. Anytime you get protected from the weather, its a huge improvement. You are going to be impressed in the warm weather months, with having the roof as a canopy and the fan for air circulation. You may want a second roof mounted fan in the opposite rear corner, so you can point down towards your back for warm weather air flow. Simply being out of the direct sunlight in the heat of the summer is a dramatic improvement, adding in air circulation makes it downright tolerable and nearly enjoyable........

The other day one of my neighbors with a x3xx and front mounted snow blower happened to approach the road in front of his house just as I was clearing the snow by his and the neighbors mailboxes. He flagged me down and got off the GT and walked over to talk to me. I just slowed the engine down to idle and opened the left side door of the cab.

He was looking like the he had been rolling in the snow and said "From this point forward, the snow clearing for my driveway is yours to do if you want it."........

I normally handle it when he travels for business, etc. but he said "As you know, this (as he motioned from head to toe being covered in snow) isn't as much fun as it appears".................Oh, don't I know it...............It's one thing to get covered in snow you are a kid and eager to build the snow fort (no, not on Facebook,) but like we actually did, building "Igloos". Age, for sure, has a way of changing our perception of "fun"....................Much of the pavement in front of his home is in the shade and shadows, being on the N. side of the house. Being able to scrape the pavement will help get it cleared.

That's fine, I will take care of his drive for him............Just need to find out what time he leaves for work, so I can get the drive cleared before its driven on as its much easier that way to keep the pavement clear and avoid having to use snow melt. He also said the Amazon truck almost slid into his house on the hard pack from the blower and he was looking forward to clear pavement "again"...............

·
Registered
22 Posts
View attachment 822907

Original Tractor Cab (OTC) installed w/ glass windshield and electric wiper. No more freezing to death in 45mph wind driven ice. Installation took about 3hrs and was very straightforward. Put my own LED work lights on it, cheap Amazon specials. Also put some red LEDs inside so I can see the controls.

I haven't installed the little electric heater included and don't think I'll need it. The heat of the machine itself seems to keep it warm enough. And the sun definitely makes it toasty. If I was spending hours upon hours in it, I'd probably get the Curtis engine coolant supplied heater. I may need to put a little 12v fan in it for windshield defog if it's humid, we'll see.

For the winters here in MD, this $1700 cab is perfect. A $4-9k Curtis or Mauser cab would be fabulous but totally not worth the $$.

Made in USA, and actual humans from Indiana answer the phone when you call. Shipped same day and delivered 2 days later. Very pleased. Of course now it probably won't snow the rest of the year.

View attachment 822905

View attachment 822906

View attachment 822902

View attachment 822903

View attachment 822904

View attachment 822901
Nice job. Should have mine finished today. I like the lights.

·
Premium Member
19,594 Posts
8 bolts and the whole thing will lift up and off. TTWT has videos showing that removal and reinstall. My plan-A for summer however is to just remove the vinyl sides and glass. Leave the roof on and I have an open canopy for shade. Especially if I have a little fan by then.
I've left the frame work on your 15-20 yrs. from a 2210 to now the 1025 that is apx 6 yrs old.
I've had to weld a few pieces for a few parts that broke and had to order a few replacement parts. The main thing as you mentioned , remove the windshield . and keep the bolts tight.

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Warm and dry plowing the 1/4" of snow I got from this lame storm. Super happy.

Wheel Plant Vehicle Snow Tire

Light Snow Nature Mode of transport Public space

1 - 20 of 29 Posts