Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 series owners with the OTC soft cab...can it be removed as one piece? Is it a pain in the @ss? I'm considering getting a cab for next winter but I don't want it on there except when the blower is attached.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have one and although I leave mine on all year and just remove the doors and plastic since I want the sun shade for the summer, it can be removed in one piece with the exception of maybe a few brackets that attach it to the rops. I never tried but should be able to do it in about 30 min or so.

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

Now for a silly question? Does it scratch the paint on the hood? I was thinking of maybe putting down blue masking tape wherever it touches.

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
I leave mine on year around , just remove the windshield , doors ,front and rear panels.

You can remove it as others have said, one person can but a tad easier with a helper. :dunno:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thanks guys.

Now for a silly question? Does it scratch the paint on the hood? I was thinking of maybe putting down blue masking tape wherever it touches.
I've seen a few with light markings on them on higher hour tractors. One that I took on trade with 3,000 hours had definite signs of use. However, I think this is more from debris getting trapped in between and rubbing over time. I don't think it was from the cab itself.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I take it off for the summer, and I have lights, wiper, and rear camera attached. Unplug the main wire supplying the cab power (I use a bullet connector) and then takes removing 8 bolts. 2 off the front frame, 2 off the floor, 2 behind the seat, and 2 on the ROPS. The hardest part is lifting it off the tractor. Takes 2 people. This spring, might try some pulley system so I can take off myself. Also built a cart to store it on and move it around the barn.

BD4E9858-18FF-4B85-99A6-EE6A9D3B03A8.jpg 90A0F130-19AD-445D-B58C-69759D7D66CC.jpeg

·
Registered
324 Posts
I take it off for the summer, and I have lights, wiper, and rear camera attached. Unplug the main wire supplying the cab power (I use a bullet connector) and then takes removing 8 bolts. 2 off the front frame, 2 off the floor, 2 behind the seat, and 2 on the ROPS. The hardest part is lifting it off the tractor. Takes 2 people. This spring, might try some pulley system so I can take off myself. Also built a cart to store it on and move it around the barn.

View attachment 542922 View attachment 542930
I do the same thing but I mounted a couple of bicycle lifts in the rafters and lift it straight up to the rafters and do it by myself, takes about 30 minutes.

Reactions: mike01
1 - 9 of 9 Posts