Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't know if you guys with the OTC cabs on their tractors have issues with the inside door latches or not, but I did.
I found it rather frustrating fumbling around trying to open the doors by trying to grasp the metal tube to slide it back to unlatch … :banghead:
(see first picture)
I welded a steel ring to the door latch. Now I can slip a gloved finger in the ring to slide the tube back and unlatch the door.
Much easier … (Second picture) … :good2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Nicer idea, used mine today had no issues with the tube setup.....perhaps I will pay abit more attention to this

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Well I thought this was going to be a set screw issue at first when I read the heading Because I Bought a OTC through Deere Back in 2004 and the set screw on the left door Just wouldn't Hold the door Handle In. Opened the door once Handle Bar popped out spring went flying . Yeah it is a Bit of a PIA to open with thick gloved Hands Thin glove no Problem. Just ordered all new Vinyl Panels and two New Doors for My OTC Cab$546.63 Plus shipping and the gave me the dealers discount as well. A Mouse Had some fun years ago when the Cab was Put Up ate Holes In the Doors just beneath window On the left door and Put a nice Hole In the right door as well. Before I Built a storage Box for the Cab. But the front windows on the front Curtain cracked Last year. So decided it was finally time to replace the vinyl. I do Like You mod to the doors. You should send a Picture of your Mod to OTC :bigthumb:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Don't know if you guys with the OTC cabs on their tractors have issues with the inside door latches or not, but I did.
I found it rather frustrating fumbling around trying to open the doors by trying to grasp the metal tube to slide it back to unlatch … :banghead:
(see first picture)
I welded a steel ring to the door latch. Now I can slip a gloved finger in the ring to slide the tube back and unlatch the door.
Nice but I wish you lived closer so I could borrow that nice 3 point chipper .:bigthumb:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Got my tractor just in time for snow last fall. Dealer installed the OTC cab for me. I have toyed with a couple ideas on making the handles easier to grab.

A couple of the snowstorms blew snow inside the cab, one managed almost 3" all over inside. The only problem I have had so far was one of the handles rusted a bit between the tube and rod making it hard to move. I got it off, smoothed it down a bit and used dry lube. I haven't gotten the cab back on for this season yet. I hope the mice haven't found it in the garage.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice but welder is at work quick option

(see first picture)
I Love the idea but this is a quick fix any one can do

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts