Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry, it's not green... but I think I can get a pass since I also have 3 green tractors.

We have about 3 acres of grass to cut, mostly flat and level, but we have a TON of trees and things to cut around which takes forever. We'd been mulling over a ZTR for at least a year, after a lot of consideration of our needs and price point that we thought was reasonable, we decided on the redesigned Gravely ZT HD 60. We went to the dealer just to look at them, and they had just unpacked and setup this one! Has the Kawasaki engine that seems to be so popular, and they gave us a good deal, and let me talk them into giving us free LED headlights (backordered).

Here is why I decided on the Gravely:

- Great dealer, family owned, close, knowledgable, and friendly
- Hydro-gear commercial hydraulic motors
- 10 gauge fabricated deck, with 7 gauge reinforcement around the spindles
- Bit comfy seat with suspension
- Parts availability - this model is mechanically identical to an Ariens Apex, I have a 40 year old Ariens-Gravely snow blower that I just bought a NEW replacement drive axle for. If I need a an axle for either of my old Deere tractors, I'm looking on Ebay.

Looking forward to trying her out and hoping it serves us well. "She's a beaut, Clark!"

Attachments

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts
Looks stout. Enjoy!

Reactions: Old Cajun

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: I've cut the lawn twice with the Gravely, I think it will realistically reduce the mowing time by half. The maneuverability is amazing, gets close to the trees, and quality of cut is superior. Good investment!

·
Registered
23,289 Posts
Looks like a great machine!

I've been living in the boonies for a long time - didn't even know Gravely made zero turns or was even still in business.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is EXACTLY what my neighbor said!

They never stopped making equipment, it's just been primarily Commercial equipment. They're now owned by Ariens and still made in the US. My ZT HD is very "no frills", but it works well and seems built very solid.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,946 Posts
Update: I've cut the lawn twice with the Gravely, I think it will realistically reduce the mowing time by half. The maneuverability is amazing, gets close to the trees, and quality of cut is superior. Good investment!
I've been having my zero turn for 3 years, still amazes me at the time I save.

One neighbor saw it and the speed and maneuverability, went out and bought one a year ago, he still can't get over it either.

Reactions: DRobinson

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,094 Posts
I guess I've missed this thread before today. Congratulations AJgrn78 and good luck with your new mower.

One neighbor saw it and the speed and maneuverability, went out and bought one a year ago, he still can't get over it either.
I'm pretty sure that never goes away, hasn't here, yet.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I've missed this thread before today. Congratulations AJgrn78 and good luck with your new mower.

I'm pretty sure that never goes away, hasn't here, yet.
Thank you!

Very happy with the Gravely so far, very capable machine, not a Deere but made in the USA so no guilt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts