Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of my all time favorites, especially during the holidays.

Oven Baked Bacon Wrapped Green Beans”

2 (or how ever many you want) cans of uncut green beans

1# sliced, hickory smoked bacon

Chili Powder

Open and drain the green beans; combine enough individual beans to form a bundle approximately 1

1/4 inch in diameter and wrap with a slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick and place on a cookie

sheet. Repeat the process with the remaining beans and sprinkle with chili powder. Place in a medium

oven and bake until the bacon is done. Enjoy.

Note: if you prefer, you can use your own choice of seasoning such as BBQ dry rub, etc.

·
Registered
144 Posts
great now i'm hungry:laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Green Chili Stew

I suggested a Green Chili Stew recipe in one of my first posts to compliment the many Mexican food recipes, and since no one has ponied up, I offer you this gem. This is another of my favorite recipes; not only because I really like Green Chili Stew, but because it is a legacy from my little brother. He was a fireman in Albuquerque for many years he was the Chief Cook. It is also simple to make and is excellent as a main entree or a side dish.

Lanny's Green Chile Stew (Pork)

One small (2 lb) pork roast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
One can of stewed tomatoes
(stewed tomatoes contain sugar, you may prefer a can of regular diced tomatoes. I never use stewed tomatoes, but I leave the original recipe intact because that's the way my brother made it).
One medium yellow onion, chopped
Potatoes, 2 or 3 medium, cubed
Green chile, (to taste, depending on how hot they are). We use the Hatch (or Long Green, or Anaheim).
One clove of garlic, chopped.
Salt and pepper to taste
Put potatoes on to boil with enough water to cover; and begin browning pork in skillet with salt,
pepper, garlic and salt.
When meat is done to a golden brown, put all ingredients into the same pot with the potatoes; simmer
until the potatoes are done.

Enjoy.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Posts 1 and 3 need to go into our cookbook!!! Thanks for sharing 2Lane. Thanks to the staff that keeps our cookbook, "up to date"!! :drinks:

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
I'll add these mouth-watering recipes right now! :thumbup1gif::fed:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts