Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My shed has a 8x16 overhead door. Opening in building is 8ft tall door opens to like 89-90 inches. Wife gave ok to look at a cabbed 4520 but ,,,won't fit with current door. Is there a kit to get my door to open beyond the opening? Thanks

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yes, I think most if not all door manufacturers offer a track extension kit to allow the door to open above the opening as long as you have enough clearance from the opening to the ceiling. Check with your door company.

·
Premium Member
7,995 Posts
If you have enough clearance about the door (header) and you have enough left on your track, all you will have to do is re-adjust the limit switch to allow the door to travel farther.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,123 Posts
fog1967, Do you currently have an electric garage door opener?
We have three doors on our garage with electric door openers, adjusted to open the doors approximately 3" above the door header.

·
Premium Member
7,995 Posts
Yes have overhead genie screwdrive but it is at its max now for depth
:nunu:

Hopefully you have enough length in the door opener and all you have to do is add another section of track.......

Cab tractors are really great, but they don't come with folding cabs....:laugh:

Good luck. I've got my fingers crossed for ya.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
All good advice here. You probably have a seven foot track or rail for the door opener which will not work with your 8 foot tall door. The door opener manufacturer should have an extension kit for your door opener which would solve the problem. Also your door track needs to be long enough. If you installed a NEW door but reused the old track & hardware, you will find yourself running into all sorts of issues. I've known people who have picked up a new door but did not bother to change the mounting hardware. Bad move.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All good advice here. You probably have a seven foot track or rail for the door opener which will not work with your 8 foot tall door. The door opener manufacturer should have an extension kit for your door opener which would solve the problem. Also your door track needs to be long enough. If you installed a NEW door but reused the old track & hardware, you will find yourself running into all sorts of issues. I've known people who have picked up a new door but did not bother to change the mounting hardware. Bad move.
thanks all
maddog i installed all new so im lookn at the opener extension first whether i do buy tractor or not

1 - 10 of 10 Posts