Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does John Deere not mail out owner edition hats any longer? Back in the early 2000’s they sent them out even for small riding mower purchases. I never got one when I bought my 1025r and havent seen one yet for my 2038r? Dealership gave me a couple dealership hats but I miss those nice owner edition hats.

Cub Cadet Pro Z S148
Zforce SX 48
John Deere 2038r FEL
(2) 80 carts
15 cart
Frontier ss1023b
Frontier af10f
Land Pride QH05 quick hitch
Victory EF 155 flail mower
48” sand filled lawn roller

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Never saw an "owner edition" hat. And I have bought many new JD products (lawn, garden, and farm). Post a picture.

Reactions: wildbranch2007

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Good question. I have got three over the years, but haven’t bought anything new in a few years so forgot about them.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Never seen an owners edition hat. Seems now days around here you are given a "dealer" hat with a purchase not an actual Deere hat. At least with my last two purchased. I don't care for this switch!

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
I have got three over the years, but haven’t bought anything new in a few years so forgot about them.
I've gotten two from previous tractors.

Didn't get one when I bought the 3R in 2017.

I guess they are now "Limited Edition" Owners Edition hats.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Received one in 2007 with my low end LA130 purchase but dealer hat with my 2019 2025r and dealer hat with my old used gator I purchased from them in ‘19 as well.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
Seems now days around here you are given a "dealer" hat with a purchase not an actual Deere hat.
Thanks for the reminder. I hit my dealer up for a hat every year.

Just in case there is ever a question about needing a new hat, I keep a Kubota hat in the truck for "negotiation purposes only".

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
Very Unpredictable Disposition
14,267 Posts
Not sure if them nail them anymore.
I did notice the dealer has Owners Edition caps for sale.

Ask your dealer for one.

I was mailed a Owners Edition cap when I bought the Z445 years ago.
When I bought the Z540R in 2019, the salesman gave me an Owners Edition cap.

·
Premium Member
4,322 Posts
I saw a green JD hat a couple posts above. Is that the coveted owners edition hat? Does it come with a red key? What is the significance of this hat opposed to all the others hanging behind the parts counter?

·
Premium Member
4,322 Posts
Oh...it says “owners edition” in small writing on the side of the bill. So, does that make you eligible to get into secret clubs, or just let everyone interested in looking at your hat know that you own a JD? OK now I want one...

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
OK now I want one...

Yeah, it is a club of sorts. The "I just bought a JD Hat and they threw in a free tractor now I am broke" club.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
My other 2 got trashed . I just leave this one hang in my closet so I got a clean hat when I want.
Is that the coveted owners edition hat? Does it come with a red key? What is the significance of this hat opposed to all the others hanging behind the parts counter?
Just a normal hat other than writing on the bill. Other than that I don’t know they just sent me them.

·
Premium Member
8,600 Posts
I had to buy mine, (owner's edition) hat. It was cheaper than buying a NEW tractor.
The last 4 JDs I bought used, I got three hats through in. Two were from JD dealers. The last tractor I bought, I had my daughter with me, so they gave us each a dealer logo hat.
I bought a Bush Hog brand brush hog from a JD dealer and got a free hat too.

·
Premium Member
8,600 Posts
A few years ago, the local JD dealer mailed out coupons. Spend $XX.xx and get a free hat. I spent enough on parts to get the hat. Later they sent another coupon, I went back to get a second hat. Parts guy said it's supposed to be one per customer. I asked why they sent two coupons? I got the second hat. I still had to spend $XX.xx

·
Premium Member
8,600 Posts
Thanks for the reminder. I hit my dealer up for a hat every year.

Just in case there is ever a question about needing a new hat, I keep a Kubota hat in the truck for "negotiation purposes only".
I am sure my neighbor, who farms about 2500 acres, gets new hats every year, but not me.

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
I am sure my neighbor, who farms about 2500 acres, gets new hats every year, but not me.
I don't farm and I don't even have 25 acres. You gotta learn to work it. Gizmo is my hero when it comes to free stuff.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts