Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a crazy question but I'm going to ask anyway. I have the 1023e and I want to put a fence up using Oz Posts. Is there any kind of attachment that you can use to drive them into the ground using my Scut? They say use a sledgehammer or a jackhammer to drive them into the ground. I need to put 35 of them in so I'm just looking to make the job easier. In case your not sure what an Oz Post is here is a pic. It's 2 ft long and holds a 4x4 wooden 4x4.:dunno:

oz-post-fence-hardware-30181-64_1000.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
3 point hydraulic hammers are available. Example.

·
Premium Member
7,431 Posts
I used a couple of Oz Posts for front walkway bollard lights. Those things are great and I didn't have much problem using an 8-pound sledge hammer to get them into the ground. However; I don't have all the glacier rocks you probably do.

If you can't rent an attachment for your tractor or get a skidsteer with a hammer attachment; then maybe one of those Bosch demolition hammers that run off 110VAC might work. You'll still get a workout; but it might beat swinging a sledgehammer. Whatever you do, put some sheet metal on top of the sacrificial 4x4 to minimize denting and splitting of the wood.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts