Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting my thumb and dolly yesterday, I was excited to get my ripper tooth and quick attach today. I thought it was curious that all three packages shipped the same day, from the same place, but one of the three would up being delayed a day.
Was dropped off this morning, and this is what was in the box:

Clearly something fraudulent occurred somewhere in the process; note that the label is clearly from what was likely the original box, and taped to the outside. It also shows a shipping weight of 38 lbs, which this clearly isn't. I was not afforded an opportunity to sign for or deny the package.

Issue appears to have have happend at the Keasbey location. Note that the package that made it safely (and was what I assume is a similar size/weight box, the back hoe thumb) made it in and out of Keasby within a couple hours friday AM:

However, the fraudulent package was hung up there for several unexplained hours (mid morning yesterday I was texted an update that it was delayed; at shipping all 3 packages tracked the same)

Anyone have issues with Fedex like this before?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Just noticed this too; the box size on record seems small for the ripper tooth; longest dim is 12". It looks bigger than that in pictures. Something is off here...

Weight also seems a bit suspect; this box was (allegedly...) to contain the ripper tooth AND the quick connect (as well as associated hardware); shocked that would be only 38 lbs.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Not with fedex, but I’ve had mail fraud where a couple letters got delivered to my neighbors house.
My neighbor brought them to me the next day so I didn’t have to press charges.😂

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm guessing those letters weren't supposed to contain $600 of equipment that never made it to your door....

Can anyone with the ripper confirm it's dimensions?

·
Premium Member
12,125 Posts
Imagine how upset the person who ordered the cheddar broccoli is going to be when they open their box and see big pieces of steel.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I ordered one of those jobsite roll around magnet bars - one with wheels. UPS delivered a box that was mangled and retaped. Inside the box was the handle for the magnet assembly and a part for some kind of Chrysler automobile. The part looked like it belonged on a car frame.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Can anyone with the ripper confirm it's dimensions?
The ripper is 18.5" x 7.5" x 8.25" and weighs 23 lbs. My scale is an old bathroom scale so it's not precise, but close enough.

The bucket quick connect roughly measures 10.5" x 7.75" x 6". It's on the machine so I can't weigh it.

I can see where the shipping weight could be listed at 38 lbs, but I would think it would be closer to 30-33 lbs. I don't remember the weight of the connector but I would guess 5-10 lbs. I don't see where a 12x9x7 box would fit the ripper, let alone both. When I got mine, the connector was wrapped in bubble wrap with the extra pin inside. The wrapping made it like a square package of its own, inside the main shipping box. So it wasn't like it was tucked in and around the ripper to save space. I think the ripper was also wrapped in bubble wrap.

I'd contact BX and explain everything. Keep and document the package (like you did). I'm sure they'll take care of you. I think they're a top-notch company. FedEx on the other hand......

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
I think it's more likely the packages got jammed up and ripped open at a shipping hub. And a lazy worker just slapped labels on the wrong boxes while cleaning up the mess

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
I think it's more likely the packages got jammed up and ripped open at a shipping hub. And a lazy worker just slapped labels on the wrong boxes while cleaning up the mess
Exactly.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. Someone sweeping this under the rug at the shipping hub sounds about right. Make me wonder if someone did wind up the gear, or did it ‘fall off a truck’ and wind up on ebay/craigslist.

I do have a line out to Howard at Bxpanded. Will update with what they come back with.

·
Registered
12,286 Posts
when we had a spill on the dock, we had to try to put things back in the box to ship, well one night i upset a small skid of brass products, i mean nuts, bolts, bushings, anything i think that could of been machined from brass was in that skid. we took a clean garbage barrel, and shoveled everything in to it. slapped a address sticker to it-did some plastic wrap around it-and then i loaded it in the trailer to its destination. i sure felt bad for the fella who maybe had to sort it. ha!
stuff happens to freight all the time at shipping hubs--i don't mean stealing stuff-just tearing skids up with fork lifts is all.

i'm sure BX will send ya out ur parts, it just sucks it will take longer now. good luck

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I was delivered an empty box a couple weeks back. I think it came ups , could have been Fed ex. i called e trailer and got a message that they call system was down and employees were working from home because if the virus. It took over a day to get a reply to my e-mail. They had me send them a picture of the empty box. Not sure why that was needed . But I got my drop hitch three days after sending out the picture. I don’t know if someone took the hitch out of the box and sealed it back or if it was never placed in the box.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is a family run factory on my route. One day a couple years ago when I pulled in the daughter of the owners was waiting for me. She works in the office up front and the door I deliver to is in back. She had ordered a cell phone from Amazon and was excited to get it, she had been tracking it all day. I handed her the package, typical Amazon packaging and hadn't been retaped or showed any signs of being damaged. I finished up with the other deliveries and picked up the outgoing and was on my way. The next day when I returned she told me somebody had replaced the phone in the original packaging which was inside the shipping box with rusty nails taped together to simulate the weight of a phone. Either somebody ordered a phone from Amazon and returned the nails instead for a refund and Amazon just resold it without checking or somebody made the switch at Amazon or even before it arrived to Amazon. Some strange things happen, some are accidental and some are definitely criminal.

·
Premium Member
13,313 Posts
They had me send them a picture of the empty box. Not sure why that was needed .
Most of these big companies carry some sort of insurance for these type of things. They are not eating this out of their pocket, the photos would be for the claim file. A few years back my wife ordered an eight man tent, after unpacking it was missing a piece, rather than just send us the missing piece they made us destroy the tent by cutting it up in several pieces and send then photos of the destroyed tent. Then they sent us another complete tent, funny thing was my wife bought the tent on clearance and it was a discontinued model, so we got the new model that was actually quite a bit larger for no extra charge.

·
Premium Member
13,313 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts