Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After bashing my forehead for the second time on my folded ROPS (in my shed), was wondering if anyone has had success putting padding on the upper ROPS to reduce the severity of head injuries. Thought about pipe insulation, but not sure how durable that would be driving under tree branches, etc.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have some after market roll bar padding for my Jeep. I will see if it fits my 1025 rops tomorrow and let you know.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Still living life on the edge even at my advanced age and having nearly bashed my brains out with the ROPS at 90º enough times, I keep my ROPS folded all the way down and strapped tightly with an anti-rattle bungee. (It's red, I'm looking for a suitible green one.) Of course a roll over will never happen to me, but I promise that if it does do a sideways 360 I (or my legal agent) will let everybody know.:laugh:

·
Administrator
20,724 Posts
Situational awareness my friends, situational awareness. If you stick you head under a bar, remember the bar is there when removing your head. :lol: Just sayin' (Gizmo's trademark just fits too well here.)

Or you can wear a hard hat.:good2:

Me? I wear my lumps with pride.

·
Registered
709 Posts
The roll bar wrap material I bought for my jeep fits on my JD 1025. It could work with or without some extra padding under it. I am sure there are all kinds of material and colors out there to choose from. What I have is similar to a scuba diving wet suit material. There are stronger materials available. What I have is called "Roll Bar RAPZ."

Attachments

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
My ROPS has a rigid canopy connected to it. The only time I could bang my head on it, is if I stood up while operating it. Of course, being blonde, I might find another way. :mocking:

·
Registered
709 Posts
There are worse ways to bag your head!:laugh:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Ultrapile. Found similar product on Summit Racing site for reasonable price and plan to try it out. I need the few brain cells I have left.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Thanks Ultrapile. Found similar product on Summit Racing site for reasonable price and plan to try it out. I need the few brain cells I have left.
I may need to put some on my ROPS to protect it from my head because I hate damaging good equipment. I am probably the only person in the construction industry to be "Hard Hat Not Required Certified." :banghead:

·
Registered
357 Posts
My ROPS has a rigid canopy connected to it. The only time I could bang my head on it, is if I stood up while operating it. Of course, being blonde, I might find another way. :mocking:
Now that is some funny chit!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts