Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any better feeling than eliminating debt?!.. I took delivery of these two below on April 16th 2014.. I bought them from a JD Dealer who is also a Polaris atv dealer so I couldn't get the 0% financing.. The rate wasn't horrible at 1.99 but I wanted it gone and as of today they're paid for.. And I mean paid for.. Not from a line of credit or buried in a mortgage refinance or something like that.. The money was saved and then dumped in their lap.. The loan was with a small bank I don't deal with for anything else but this, simply because its who my dealer does their financing with.. I could tell the rep was sort of annoyed when I told her I wanted my account closed afterward.. she was insisting that I should sit down with one of their personal bankers to discuss options for a line of credit and that they want a shot at "earning" my business away from my primary bank etc.. I politely told her no thanks.. If you wanted to earn my business you had over 2 years to reach out and do something.. So its Bud light in my shop now instead of no name (haha!).. Only the finest with the extra dough now that the loan is gone.. ha!.. Specific to beer.. For you u.s guys.. A case of 24 cans of bud light up here in Ontario Canada is $46.. Yes.. $46.. I was in florida last week and nearly cried when I bought a case for $15..

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Yep, it felt nice when we paid our tractor off. We're working on the truck now. My wife is one of them that pays extra on every payment.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Molsons

Is there any better feeling than eliminating debt?!.. I took delivery of these two below on April 16th 2014.. I bought them from a JD Dealer who is also a Polaris atv dealer so I couldn't get the 0% financing.. The rate wasn't horrible at 1.99 but I wanted it gone and as of today they're paid for.. And I mean paid for.. Not from a line of credit or buried in a mortgage refinance or something like that.. The money was saved and then dumped in their lap.. The loan was with a small bank I don't deal with for anything else but this, simply because its who my dealer does their financing with.. I could tell the rep was sort of annoyed when I told her I wanted my account closed afterward.. she was insisting that I should sit down with one of their personal bankers to discuss options for a line of credit and that they want a shot at "earning" my business away from my primary bank etc.. I politely told her no thanks.. If you wanted to earn my business you had over 2 years to reach out and do something.. So its Bud light in my shop now instead of no name (haha!).. Only the finest with the extra dough now that the loan is gone.. ha!.. Specific to beer.. For you u.s guys.. A case of 24 cans of bud light up here in Ontario Canada is $46.. Yes.. $46.. I was in florida last week and nearly cried when I bought a case for $15..

I'll trade you a case of Bud light for a case of Molsons!

Congratulations on the pay off! Lots of good things happen when debt goes away.

Treefarmer

·
Corndog Hater
11,771 Posts
Paid my 1026R off early, this year as well. Same scenario as you, the debt is gone and boy did it feel good. Congrats on owning some fine machinery outright.

·
Premium Member
14,862 Posts
Congrats ,,, on early pay off. I'm not far behind still owe somewhere around $500.00

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
It does feel nice, we just paid off a Lincoln Navigator in 2 years. My wife says it's time to buy a new truck and I said okay as soon as we save the money. At 56 I think its time to start paying cash for things. After all what if I decide to drive a tractor full time....

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Congrats on paying off the toys. I found out that they get better fuel mileage when you are not having to drag a payment book behind it.:laugh:

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Lol
Congrats
What's funny is i'm half a payment away from paying the 1025 off as well.

I have off saturday so i told the wife we can go look at desks at the Amish furniture store. We've been wanting to get a nice one for a while.
She's says great, then we can go next door and look at the new Gators! :lol:

I mean i was thinking that an all but.....:gizmo:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,748 Posts
Lol
Congrats
What's funny is i'm half a payment away from paying the 1025 off as well.

I have off saturday so i told the wife we can go look at desks at the Amish furniture store. We've been wanting to get a nice one for a while.
She's says great, then we can go next door and look at the new Gators! :lol:

I mean i was thinking that an all but.....:gizmo:
Gotta love it. :lol: :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Congrats on pay off!! Always a good feeling!!:usa

·
Registered
23,002 Posts
It does feel nice, we just paid off a Lincoln Navigator in 2 years. My wife says it's time to buy a new truck and I said okay as soon as we save the money. At 56 I think its time to start paying cash for things. After all what if I decide to drive a tractor full time....
I have the same mentality now. My tractor was paid off years ago - never any plans to buy another one. I paid of my truck ($$$) this past spring and have no plans on replacing that either. After a lifetime of payments I am done - make do with what I have or do without - or like you say cash for any purchases.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Debt free!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll trade you a case of Bud light for a case of Molsons!

Congratulations on the pay off! Lots of good things happen when debt goes away.

Treefarmer
haha!.. Molson has a place in my heart and my fridge too.. Molson Canadian is the only beer I'll drink on Canada day!..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice... Congratulations... I'm on the other end of that spectrum. I haven't even made my first payment yet.... :banghead:

I do know how liberating that last payment feels though. To make room in my monthly bills for my new JD payment, I paid off one of my mortgages. It was a 30 year mortgage on a condominium that I bought 13 years ago. I don't live there any more but I still own it (now a rental). So last month was bitter sweet for me. I paid off my mortgage and took on a 5 year loan... But when all is said and done, my monthly commitments remained the same.

I took advantage of the 0% for 60 months. I'm having a hard time getting my head around that fact that there is no reason for me to pay it off early.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts