Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't spend alot of time preping it but it came out good. I had to stretch the rust converter and bedliner,the blade will get another coat tomorrow after I get a new can from NAPA..

From my own experience Duplicolor bedliner sprays better than the other product, it's thinner but easier to apply.

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK Brian. The whole blade was sprayed with Duplicolor bedliner. Next year I'm going to do my spring fork and Bush Hog with their roll on gallon kit.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Yeah, I am interested in how this stuff stands up on application like this as well. Jim, do you do the underside of mower decks in this stuff too? And how does it endure?

·
Banned
747 Posts
A lot of guys on the Truck forums use this for coating the floorboards. I'm using this product on the floor of the F-350, it's got a lot of rave reviews too. It is formulated for repelling rocks, not so sure it would works so good for plowing them, but am looking forward to hearing how Jim makes out with it too.

http://www.dominionsureseal.com/productsdetails.asp?id=97&catid=31

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I painted it with bedliner mostly to keep it from rusting. I'm pretty sure the bedliner won't withstand grading my stone driveway. Ill give it another coat, let it dry for a couple days, try it out later this week and show the results.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
George I just read the products specs, sounds like bedliner to me but I 'm probably wrong.... i would like to see something sprayed with it.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Jim, think the formulation is different, they have 4 seperate pages of bedliner and rust preventative paints, unless it's all the same, just put in different cans :lol:

http://www.dominionsureseal.com/Products.asp?catid=35&page=1

On spraying, I tried. My cheap undecoating gun wouldn't work so it was paintbrush time. Don't care what it looks like as it's going to be covered up with rubber mats anyway...

George I just read the products specs, sounds like bedliner to me but I 'm probably wrong.... i would like to see something sprayed with it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like bedliner because it can be touched up easily... if you get into the harder products it might be end up being more work. Sounds like they make good products.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I am interested in how this stuff stands up on application like this as well. Jim, do you do the underside of mower decks in this stuff too? And how does it endure?
Randy this is the first time I've used bedliner, I can't say how well it would hold up on the underside of a deck... with it being a texured product I would worry about it catching and holding grass, dirt and mositure. I like it mostly because it's supposed to be easy to touch up.:good2:

·
Banned
747 Posts
Got to be good, it's Canadian...JK. Will do a followup after it's been on for awhile. Also, some of the factory undercoating on the VW has come up, so I'll try it on that, will be a good test as it's on the bottom of the car.

I like bedliner because it can be touched up easily... if you get into the harder products it might be end up being more work. Sounds like they make good products.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the spray can Idea. I would like to see how thick it goes on what the texure looks like. Made in Canada is cool with me, no pun intended.:laugh:

·
Banned
747 Posts
I got the 4 litre bulk can. I had some from Walmart that was spray can, believe it was by Goop, but can't remember. Stuff went on fairly thick, and lasted 2 or 3 years. Dominion might have U.S. dealers, maybe drop them a line? Says U.S. and Canada so they probably sell stateside, and it's toll free:

http://www.dominionsureseal.com/contact.asp

Also, ever hear of POR (Paint Over Rust). Stuff is pricey, but it works really well:

http://www.por15.com/

Eastwood sells something similar, and they sell POR15 as well:

http://search.eastwood.com/search?w=rust+paint

I like the spray can Idea. I would like to see how thick it goes on what the texure looks like. Made in Canada is cool with me, no pun intended.:laugh:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
degrees

George I wasn't clear on the spray can comment. I ment the actual spray gun you buy and the screw on can. I have used POR but find Rustoem's rust converter works just as well. When I completly rebilt my Snapper Zero turn's deck I power brushed the underside and used www.rustbullet.com on it. What I like about it you don't need rust for it to work and it has a smooth finish.

I believe I can get Dominum products at my local NAPA dealer, but sadly with winter almost here I'm done painting and working on equipment for this year. Next year my Rotary Cutter gets taken apart, has some body work done to it and the deck given a coat of bedliner. I like the black and green look.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Gotcha, the "technical" name for them is Schutz guns:

http://www.shop.monstaliner.com/Shutz-Spray-Guns_c8.htm

POR can be messy stuff, particularily if you get it on your hands. I hear it takes some work to get it off. Well look at it this way, you can spend some time over the Winter to find the best deal on the Dominion!

George I wasn't clear on the spray can comment. I ment the actual spray gun you buy and the screw on can. I have used POR but find Rustoem's rust converter works just as well. When I completly rebilt my Snapper Zero turn's deck I power brushed the underside and used www.rustbullet.com on it. What I like about it you don't need rust for it to work and it has a smooth finish.

I believe I can get Dominum products at my local NAPA dealer, but sadly with winter almost here I'm done painting and working on equipment for this year. Next year my Rotary Cutter gets taken apart, has some body work done to it and the deck given a coat of bedliner. I like the black and green look.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Monstaliner rocks. I have it on my jeep in the places that water seems to like to sit. It has not let me down yet. Wear 2 pair of gloves so you don't get it on you!

·
Banned
747 Posts
Jim, et al,

Finished the floors in the truck cab with the Dominion stuff and had quite a bit left over. Managed to spray it on the underside with my air sprayer but had to jack the pressure up somewhat. Came out pretty good, and I'll try and snap a shot this weekend. Seems to adhere to rust too, I didn't get it all down to bare metal. The real test will be this winter, kinda anxious to see how it fares after a winter of plowing. I'll do the frame next summer if it holds up well.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks George for the info.. Do you remember what needle size is in your gun? Pictures would be nice when and if you get the time. I'm still getting things squared away for winter, after I prune the trees we can settle in for another dark,cold and very long winter.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts