Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my "excuses" for getting the 1026R was to help out with the chore of firewood. I moved a few FEL buckets of firewood from the shed to the house before I realized I need something more efficient. I nailed some sides to a pallet and presto, I can move a full load to the house in one shot. This load was near the weight limit for the FEL. We pass the wood through a small window in the front room near the stove, this works great.

Pallet Box 2012-10-27 (2) (Custom).jpg Pallet Box 2012-10-27 (3) (Custom).jpg Pallet Box 2012-10-27 (6) (Custom).jpg Pallet Box 2012-10-27 (7) (Custom).jpg Pallet Box 2012-10-27 (12) (Custom).jpg

It's also good for moving other stuff around.

Pallet Box 2012-10-27 (10) (Custom).jpg

And I can just leave the forks under it when I am done, here I slipped it back under the wood shed ready for the next load.

Pallet Box 2012-10-27 (11) (Custom).jpg

I might make an end gate for it later if I find a need for it.

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
Great idea, and the box looks good!

One thing you might want to do is find more pallets and build more boxes. Once I split the wood, I stack it straight into the pallet box. It seasons in the box, then I carry the box to the house when I need wood. When one box gets empty, I simply swap it for a full one. I don't have to touch the wood until I actually carry it in the house.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I am going to build some of these boxes. Thanks for the idea!

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We finished splitting and stacking 4 chord of fire wood; maple, ash, pine, and fir. It sat for a year before splittong so the bark on the maple was loose making quite a mess. My pallet box came in handy to hail the waste out to the bush on one of my brush piles.

I have it strapped to the back rest with a rachet strap.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Great idea on the strap!:good2:

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Time to bring home more pallets from work. Good thing is that they sort out the "good" ones for me when they are loading the truck. The pallet recycle service that we use just hauls the pallets away. We give them to them, so we don't have to pay to remove them and they get free pallets.

I may have to wait a week, or two, but we get something like this in sometimes.

Plastic Bulk Container.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Time to bring home more pallets from work. Good thing is that they sort out the "good" ones for me when they are loading the truck. The pallet recycle service that we use just hauls the pallets away. We give them to them, so we don't have to pay to remove them and they get free pallets.

I may have to wait a week, or two, but we get something like this in sometimes.

View attachment 18642
Now I would like to scoop a few of those for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts