Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at adding pallet forks to my 1025R tool box. Any thoughts on an actual pallet fork attachment ($$$) vs bucket clamp on forks ($)? I worry about durability issues with the clamp on forks, but they are about half the cost. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Don't waste your time with the clamp on-forks.

Top choices are Artillian ($$$), Deere ($$) or Titan ($).

The main advantage to the Artillian is they are the lightest of the bunch and designed specifically for small tractors so they don't take away from the lifting capacity of your loader.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I'm looking at adding pallet forks to my 1025R tool box. Any thoughts on an actual pallet fork attachment ($$$) vs bucket clamp on forks ($)? I worry about durability issues with the clamp on forks, but they are about half the cost. Thanks.
I owned/used clamp on forks for a long time. They worked well for moving small piles of brush but that's about it. They constantly worked lose and in general, just a pain in the rear to work with for what I was needing forks for. After I finally decided to purchase forks and frame I thought I would sell my clamp on forks. Even priced at virtually nothing, no one wanted them. I ended up giving them away to someone who quickly saw the benefits of forks for his quick attach loader and purchased a set for himself. He tried giving me the clamp on forks back but I wouldn't take them, no clue what happened to them. He had the same issues I did with them becoming loose and sliding around on the bucket. IMO they worked just well enough to make you wish you had purchased a quick attach frame and forks to begin with.

I never thought I would use my forks as much as I do being that I had forks all along but what I realized is, I didn't use my clamp on forks because I disliked them far more than I realized at the time. I now use forks for anything and everything they can be used for to make life a bit easier. I would use the forks to get the groceries into the house if the back door was wide enough to sit the sacks into the kitchen with them.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
I have a set of Artillian with 36" forks. They aren't the cheapest but are well made and made specifically for the sub-compact tractor.

Everyone has their opinions as to which make to buy. It really comes down to how much you desire to spend and what you want to use them for. I find myself always wanting to lift as much as I can. :dunno: The Artillian's are definitely an advantage here because of their light weight.

If you can deal with not being able to lift quite as much, then the Frontier or Titan will work well also.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have a set of Artillian with 36" forks. They aren't the cheapest but are well made and made specifically for the sub-compact tractor.

Everyone has their opinions as to which make to buy. It really comes down to how much you desire to spend and what you want to use them for. I find myself always wanting to lift as much as I can. :dunno: The Artillian's are definitely an advantage here because of their light weight.

If you can deal with not being able to lift quite as much, then the Frontier or Titan will work well also.
I also have the Artillian with 36" love them. The one thing with Artillan they are not just fork but they are part of system that you can add to if you just want fork the other two are great choices.

Doug

·
Administrator
18,463 Posts

The main advantage to the Artillian is they are the lightest of the bunch and designed specifically for small tractors so they don't take away from the lifting capacity of your loader.

Don't forget Everything Attachments.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

And they're modular!!!!! If you later want to add a grapple/front hoe bucket/snow plow/the list goes on!!! Once you have the base frame adding things like the above are cheaper and easier than buying a separate attachment.

·
Premium Member
13,793 Posts
Another pallet fork debate, almost got over the last one
You need to ask yourself what exactly you need out of a set of forks. I wanted forks with a round bale option, so Artillian was out quickly, and ask how much you’re willing to spend.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have the Titan 36 inch forks that I use weekly to unload pallets off of semi trailers. They work very well but I wish I had gone with the 42 inch as they would be much easier to see the tips.

·
Premium Member
13,793 Posts
I have the Titan 36 inch forks that I use weekly to unload pallets off of semi trailers. They work very well but I wish I had gone with the 42 inch as they would be much easier to see the tips.
Ah yes, I always forget to add that, definitely wish I had gotten the 42” as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have 48” Titan forks. My tractors lift capacity is the weak link in the set up. If I had a stronger tractor I would probably want stronger forks. I’m sure you will have a similar experience with your 1025.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I got 42" HLA forks from my JD dealer for roughly the same price as Titans. No need to worry about delivery/shipping.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
I have the Frontier forks, but not the ones everyone else have. The ones most people get are the AP12’s, or something like that. I got the Ap10’s or AP11’s, or something like that. They are rated for 1200 pounds and much lighter than the 12’s. Works on my 2038 great, would be excellent for your 1025.

Edit. They are AP10’s, weight 198 pounds and are rated for 1250

http://www.muttonpower.com/p-14642-frontier-fixed-pallet-forks-ap10f.aspx

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I have the 42" Titan forks with the backrest and I have been very happy with them. Good luck on your quest

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the Frontier forks, but not the ones everyone else have. The ones most people get are the AP12’s, or something like that. I got the Ap10’s or AP11’s, or something like that. They are rated for 1200 pounds and much lighter than the 12’s. Works on my 2038 great, would be excellent for your 1025.

Edit. They are AP10’s, weight 198 pounds and are rated for 1250

Frontier AP10F Pallet Forks for John deere
HTML:
Thanks for the tip, Will have to check into these, cheaper than artillian and looks almost the same weight give or take a pd.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have the Frontier AP12's. I have used them a lot with picking up piles of cut tree limbs. They were a bit heavy for my 1025R but they work great with my 2038R and they can have a Bale Sprear on them as well.

Reactions: Robnik
1 - 16 of 16 Posts