Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going to town to get the last of the steel for the Pallet Fork Caddy I have been building. Had to wait on the tires getting here today to lay it out or weld up anything. So while waiting I came up with a idea that holds the about 100 lb 4 ft fork in the carrier yet easy to put on or remove and no lifting of the whole fork anymore to put it on. It will have a walking handle to hang onto and a slot for the tip to go into with a pin to lock it on the carrier. Once I get it together I will take pictures and sure someone will run with the design and make more of them. Just not sure why there is not more of them built out there cause the forks are so heavy to carry and put on. I worry about one slipping out of my hands and landing on my foot. When I was younger and had better knees and a good back to work with it was not a problem. So far I found one carrier on the internet after I started to build mine and it is pretty complicated looking and cheap little casters that would not roll on dirt. Here is a picture of it.

Seems hard to use too? Fork Carrier1.jpg Fork Carrier.jpg

·
Registered
20,824 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,409 Posts
What kind of forks do you have? I guess I am unfamiliar as I have forks where the fork carrier and forks come off all together in about 2 seconds without having to lift anything.

In fact if I wanted to take just the forks off the carrier that can also be done without lifting them.

Attaching Removing your Fork Tines from the Artillian Pallet Fork Frame - YouTube
Below is a video on how the Fork Caddy works. I can see using one of these with a standard fork lift because it cannot articulate the fork frame to detach the tines like the loader on a tractor can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lab_CYBZmc

·
Premium Member
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it Done

Finished it maybe a change to a Tee Handle if I want to carry 2-48" Forks at a time. Worked real easy to put one and off the Back. My problem I keep the forks in a different place then I can just take them off and leave them there. Now I can go get them to swap out the Hay Spears with.

To put them both on one on at a time and it was real easy did not have to lift it up to hook it on the Top Rail. I could turn one around on a dime plus I have other uses coming up in my mine. Getting them off is easy if you want to keep working the tractor loader controls and getting in and out then still putting them away.

I took these pictures as I put 2 forks on the Loader Frame using the Fork Caddy to move and lift/tilt them. Just had to set the Frame about 6 inches off the ground not critical. Then get off the tractor and put them on. 100_3220.JPG 100_3227.JPG 100_3228.JPG 100_3232.JPG 100_3243.JPG 100_3245.JPG 100_3246.JPG 100_3247.JPG 100_3248.JPG

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Finished it maybe a change to a Tee Handle if I want to carry 2-48" Forks at a time. Worked real easy to put one and off the Back. My problem I keep the forks in a different place then I can just take them off and leave them there. Now I can go get them to swap out the Hay Spears with.

To put them both on one on at a time and it was real easy did not have to lift it up to hook it on the Top Rail. I could turn one around on a dime plus I have other uses coming up in my mine. Getting them off is easy if you want to keep working the tractor loader controls and getting in and out then still putting them away.

I took these pictures as I put 2 forks on the Loader Frame using the Fork Caddy to move and lift/tilt them. Just had to set the Frame about 6 inches off the ground not critical. Then get off the tractor and put them on.
You are a "Master Fabrication Machine" :yahoo:

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I agree with Spectre - "You are a "Master Fabrication Machine""!! :yahoo:

What kind of forks do you have? I guess I am unfamiliar as I have forks where the fork carrier and forks come off all together in about 2 seconds without having to lift anything.

In fact if I wanted to take just the forks off the carrier that can also be done without lifting them.

Attaching Removing your Fork Tines from the Artillian Pallet Fork Frame - YouTube
I was actually going to post the same video that Coaltrain did and then noticed he beat me to it. Can you remove your forks in a similar manner that the Artillian forks can be removed? Then just set them on a dolly to get them out of the way?

You did mention that you had another use for your caddy, so I'm looking forward to seeing what that is? :good2:

·
Registered
442 Posts

I took these pictures as I put 2 forks on the Loader Frame using the Fork Caddy to move and lift/tilt them. Just had to set the Frame about 6 inches off the ground not critical. Then get off the tractor and put them on. View attachment 677556 View attachment 677558 View attachment 677560 View attachment 677562 View attachment 677564 View attachment 677566 View attachment 677568 View attachment 677570 View attachment 677572
Like them tires , got a locking diff ? Kevin .:laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I agree with Spectre - "You are a "Master Fabrication Machine""!! :yahoo:

I was actually going to post the same video that Coaltrain did and then noticed he beat me to it. Can you remove your forks in a similar manner that the Artillian forks can be removed? Then just set them on a dolly to get them out of the way?

You did mention that you had another use for your caddy, so I'm looking forward to seeing what that is? :good2:
That looked easy to do in the Video. My problem is I would need a place I can leave the forks sitting that I can drive up to put them on. I keep mine in my shop out of the way and need to move them to the tractor. This gives me a way of picking them up rolling them over to the tractor and putting them on with only lifting the tip to slid them on the Caddy.

I can also use the Caddy to move my Heavy Tractor Boom out to the tractor to put it on and carry sheets of plywood, beams ect.

If I put one fork on with out the pin I can set another one on top and pin it to the Caddy and just tie them together then I can move both around at the same time. Then I can leave them on it till I need to put them back on the Fork Lift Rack when not moving hay with the Spears that also hook to my Pallet Fork Rack. I also use the Pallet Fork Rack to pickup heavy stuff using the loader. I have welded on Chain Hooks on the ends to hook onto it and then onto stuff like engines and dead cows.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts