Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 3035D
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used the pallet forks for several things around the property in the past few months but this morning I had 1000 lbs of AGM batteries delivered. The trucking company couldn't get down the road to our house so I met them and brought them the rest of the way...

Thank you all for the great insight and post you keep putting on the site. Learning from others is so beneficial to a functional operation.

Appreciate you all,

Tire Wheel Vehicle Green Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
2021 3035D
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forks are one thing you have no idea how bad you need them until you have them!
Agreed, while I could have taken them off the pallet at the end of the road and moved them one at a time to the truck I saved a lot of time and potential damage with the forks. I've worked a long time with tractors and not had forks but now that I have em it just so much more efficient.

·
Premium Member
2021 3035D
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They were the first thing I ordered after my tractor was delivered. I ran into a catch-22. The trucking company wouldn’t deliver the pallet they were strapped to without me paying extra for a lift gate, because “you don’t have pallet forks to unload the pallet with your pallet forks from our standard truck!”
I still had to pay residential even though I had a way to unload the pallet. The shipping company told me they didn't care what I had it was either a business or residence...

·
Registered
3,071 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Forks are one thing you have no idea how bad you need them until you have them!
Or until you've needed them and not had them! I had a generator curb dropped at dusk once and the driver wouldn't even budge a little bit to deliver it up my driveway. So I got to assemble a generator in the dark so I could wheel it up the driveway.

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,429 Posts
I suggested to the salesman I deal with, that they have the delivery drivers for their dealership include a set of pallet forks on the delivery trailer every time they deliver new equipment with more than one implement with the pallet forks sized to the tractors. I told him when the new buyers see

• how handy the pallet forks truly are, many new machine owners would simply add the forks to their deals.
  • especially when the new owners see the forks in action and even use them themselves to move new items.
  • The cost to add most forks is only $8 to $12 per month, with the typical 60 mo financing.
  • He said between 80% and 90% of the forks sent out, end up delivered.
  • Those that don't add them, the delivery guy brings them back to the store.
Their biggest issue now is keeping the forks in stock...............

·
Registered
1025R, Z930M, GX345
54 Posts
My pallet forks are my most used implement! They are useful for shuffling implements in the storage shed, hauling logs to the firewood pile, moving pallets of mulch to the beds and all sorts of other uses. Now some of these tasks could well be accomplished with the loader bucket, but frankly are so much easier with forks... I definitely wouldn't want to be without them.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
For forks sake what are all the batteries for?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

They make my life easier.

Reactions: Mackford13 and Kbar

·
Registered
John Deere 3025E & Z950R - Kawasaki Mule 610
28 Posts
My pallet forks have actually paid for themselves in money I have saved not having to order lift gate service and money I save buying bulk livestock feed and wood shavings.

I have a set of Titans, which are made well and work great. I wanted the set with a headache rack, but they were all out of stock.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Pallet forks are very handy. I grew up with tractors which had a bucket that never came off. If you couldn't put it in the bucket and lift it, you threw a chain around the bucket and picked the item up with the chain. I didn't get a set of forks with my 5075E but after trying to lift a half-ton stack of roofing steel with a bucket and a strap and thinking "why I am doing it this way?" about two days after I got the tractor, a set of pallet forks was the first attachment I went back and got from the dealer. The forks are on the tractor about 90% of the time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts