Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
My rental house I just moved out of was in Turkeyfoot. Too bad I just bought a set of CIDs a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
11,773 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:laugh::laugh: i was just thinking about u the other day, when something out of the blue made me think of u, and laugh at the same time. was wondering if u had moved off the island yet? :lol:

good to hear from ya:good2:
Thanks!
Still stuck on the island of high taxes and insane drivers. Not much tractor time lately. We didn't even have one snow deep enough to plow on the south shore this winter. Only started the 4110 once to move it so I could get to the wood chipper a few weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
11,045 Posts
Did I read that right, 900# capacity :dunno:
That's probably why they are selling them so cheap. It doesn't say what length the tines are. These are probably the lightest duty pallet forks out there. I'm not saying they aren't worth $400 but I see listings from this place all the time. They are a large dealer of used equipment and they usually charge top dollar for everything.

While true they would probably work on a 1-series, I wouldn't want to subject them to much abuse as that frame is very skimpy.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
If they consider those in "excellent condition", I hate to see what qualifies as "poor or average condition".

Personally, I would place those in the "rough" condition category, major rust flaking off the powder coating and just a lot of "wear and tear" on the frame as far as scratches and dings.

Not sure the point of the blue plastic tag photo unless it's their inventory control number or something. I know many dealers use those for inventory of new equipment but that become irrelevant once it leaves the dealership..........

·
Premium Member
11,045 Posts
If they consider those in "excellent condition", I hate to see what qualifies as "poor or average condition".

Personally, I would place those in the "rough" condition category, major rust flaking off the powder coating and just a lot of "wear and tear" on the frame as far as scratches and dings.

Not sure the point of the blue plastic tag photo unless it's their inventory control number or something. I know many dealers use those for inventory of new equipment but that become irrelevant once it leaves the dealership..........

I see that a lot with used dealers. It's a nice way to verify the item you saw in the photo is the same item they show you when you get to the lot.

While I wouldn't classify them as excellent condition I wouldn't call them rough. A bit of surface rust and some scrapes is pretty normal for used farm equipment. I mean, they aren't all bent up, no broken pieces and the tines look straight. I would call them "good" condition.

I've seen some "rough" fork sets. The first question that usually comes to mind is "Are you sure they were a set of forks?" :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
They are a little rough looking! I seen a post on facebook from around that area for the same ones for $490 that were new. They were 36". Leese Farm Equipment or something out of Needmore, PA. If they weren't 3.5hrs away I may have went and bought them. They are about 190lbs and light compared to others. Good Works Tractor I think sell these as well for $600 plus shipping and tax! I found the HLA local for $687 for 36" at 190lbs and 42" $710 at 205lbs.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts

I was thinking maybe $200. Looks like they have been in the mud too. Plus no headache rack so you cant stack stuff high or easy place to tie down too. While there are times I want forks I have other things I need that are more pressing at the moment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts