Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2025r (Gen 2), Deere Ballast box, Frontier AP10F, 260b Backhoe
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have a questions on how to approach my issue. I got my frontier AP10F with 36" forks. I don't know how it happened, but I lost a locking pin on one of the forks. Found the part number and ordered it from Green Parts store and everything was going great until I tried to install it. the pin will not fit into the fork. I've included two pictures. One of the fork that had a good pin in it and then the one that won't fit.

This is the one that already has a locking pin in it. Wanted to show that it will fit into the "opening" and there is a tiny bit of wiggle room .

This is the empty one and I need to get it in. It is tight up against the opening inside. I tried tapping on it with a small hammer and I don't think it will fit even with a Bigger Hammer.

In case someone brings it up, I know it is backwards (or upside down) , I was just showing a better picture so you can see where it is tight. Sorry my pictures are so big. First time uploading pictures. I'll have to save them smaller.

Do you think I should grind a little on the fork, or on the edge of the pin? If any other pictures will help, let me know. :). Thanks.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Have you tried to swap the pins? You know you have one good pin and one good fork. If the good pin won't fit he other fork, you will have to fix the fork. If it fits, you have to fix the pin.

·
Registered
2025r (Gen 2), Deere Ballast box, Frontier AP10F, 260b Backhoe
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Neither pin fits into the fork in question and both fit into the other one. I'll file the opening a bit and try again later. Thanks.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Good luck, I wonder what the manufacturer did to make the original pin fit. Did you figure out what happened to the original pin, was it even there when you got the forks?

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
179 Posts
How new are these forks? Can you take them back to the dealer and get a new tine?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Take a hand grinder and enlarge to opening.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker
1 - 8 of 8 Posts