Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand do you guys like the best. Frontier or Artillian or something else. As I was in my trrestand last night waiting for a deer that never came, I noticed I have alot of smaller trees down. Theres no way I could get my tractor in there but my wheeler could drag them out. I was thinking with a set of forks I could stack and move these once I got them to the field. I'm guessing a grapple would be alot of money. Plus I have a huge rock that I bent my old bucket trying to move last year. I think with a set of forks I can do it.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I can only speak for the ones I have, Horst or Fronteir model. 3500 pound version. They are heavy but have done me well.

I have read a lot of good things about the Artillian models but never seen them in person.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pallet forks

what brand do you guys like the best. Frontier or artillian or something else. As i was in my trrestand last night waiting for a deer that never came, i noticed i have alot of smaller trees down. Theres no way i could get my tractor in there but my wheeler could drag them out. I was thinking with a set of forks i could stack and move these once i got them to the field. I'm guessing a grapple would be alot of money. Plus i have a huge rock that i bent my old bucket trying to move last year. I think with a set of forks i can do it.
hi steve
i have the hla brand and like them
but looking at the artillian brand
they have a lot of nice attachments
to ad to the forks
i also bought the artillain 3 inch
pallet fork carts and which makes
it so much easier to move and store
the pallet forks when not in use
best wishes

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can only speak for the ones I have, Horst or Fronteir model. 3500 pound version. They are heavy but have done me well.

I have read a lot of good things about the Artillian models but never seen them in person.
This is what the dealer sent me.

2012 Frontier AP12F Fixed Pallet Fork for Current 200/300/400/500 Series
Carrier - 1XFAP12FTC0014957
Hours: 0
Stock Number: 15321
Selling Price
$ 875.00
Code Description Qty Unit Extended
2153XF AP12F FXDPALTFRK2/3/4/500LDR 1 $ 1,095.00 $ 1,095.00
Standard Options - Per Unit
2153XF1010 AP12F 48IN FIXED PALLET TINE 1 $ 40.00 $ 40.00
Standard Options Total $ 40.00
Suggested Price $ 1,135.00
Customer Discounts
Customer Discounts Total $ -260.00 $ -260.00
Total Selling Price $ 875.00

Is a fixed pallet fork mean just that or do all forks adjust and they are talking about the mount on the tractor. I know on a fork truck the base move left or right. I would need the forks to adjust.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
They adjust side to side, but they do not float, they are fixed to the bottom of the fork carrier. Floaters on attach to the top of the carrier.

Sent via TapaTalk from a hunting blind near you. :)

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
The Artillians I have for my H120/1026 have chain slots for I believe 5/8 links. Very handy when dealing with big loads and it's real easy to wrap a chain around to keep branches/logs in place if you have any terrain to deal with going from your loading to your dumping site. You have a larger rig so I'd have to refer you to Chris at Artillian for a size chart. Very friendly and full of information.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Artillians I have for my H120/1026 have chain slots for I believe 5/8 links. Very handy when dealing with big loads and it's real easy to wrap a chain around to keep branches/logs in place if you have any terrain to deal with going from your loading to your dumping site. You have a larger rig so I'd have to refer you to Chris at Artillian for a size chart. Very friendly and full of information.
I looked at the specs online and the frontier is 380 lbs and the Artillian is 229 lbs. That a big differance in weight. I wonder if a set of Ken's hooks would work on these.

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
I wonder if a set of Ken's hooks would work on these.
I believe the Artillian forks have chain slots built in.

One note, maybe I misunderstood your earlier post. No tractor forks will hydraulically move side to side. Such an attachment could be added, but due to the cost, weight, and limited need nobody offers a ready to go set. You can adjust the Frontier and Artillian forks by hand though.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe the Artillian forks have chain slots built in.

One note, maybe I misunderstood your earlier post. No tractor forks will hydraulically move side to side. Such an attachment could be added, but due to the cost, weight, and limited need nobody offers a ready to go set. You can adjust the Frontier and Artillian forks by hand though.
I wasn't talking about fixed or floating forks. I now know the difference. Maybe it's just me but the frontier just look stronger and are cheaper.

·
Administrator
18,481 Posts
I wasn't talking about fixed or floating forks. I now know the difference. Maybe it's just me but the frontier just look stronger and are cheaper.
Steve, can you try asking your question a different way please? I am unsure what you are asking...and I think 56FD is as well.

Here is a chart on the Artillian site that may help you decide: Pallet Fork Sets

It shows that they are indeed rated for the lift capacity of your machine. The added features and accessories available both now and in the future may be interesting to you. You certainly can't go wrong with the Frontiers either.

·
Administrator
18,481 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steve, can you try asking your question a different way please? I am unsure what you are asking...and I think 56FD is as well.

Here is a chart on the Artillian site that may help you decide: Pallet Fork Sets

It shows that they are indeed rated for the lift capacity of your machine. The added features and accessories available both now and in the future may be interesting to you. You certainly can't go wrong with the Frontiers either.
I was just trying to see what brand of forks you liked best. I was just pointing out the the difference in weight between the 2 I looked at. Then I was wondering if a set of your hooks would work ok on the frontier forks. We clear now?

·
Administrator
18,481 Posts
Clear as a bell:thumbup1gif:

I have not seen the Frontier fork up close in a long time, so I am not sure if there is a place to mount the hooks on not. Hopefully someone who has them can advise us...

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Yes there is room to mount hooks if you wanted. I am not in town or I could verify this, but I think there are 2 chain slots in mine. I could be wrong.

Sent via TapaTalk from a hunting blind near you. :)

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I have the Artillian forks and am very happy with them.

Chain slots, easy fork install/removal from center or end of frame, other add-on pieces for the frame (backrest, 2" receiver adapter, 3PT adapter, etc.), and truly a quality product in its build. I can also vouch for Chris' willingness and ability to stand behind his product and work with his customers to get them the right tools.

The lower weight helps immensely on the smaller tractors by keeping the non-cargo weight at a minimum. I used mine to lift 16', 20" diameter logs off of my equipment trailer with a 200cx loader and a 2520 machine. And, I was using the 42" forks when I did it (the landscape forks are better suited to that sort of work, but you work with what you have).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the Artillian forks and am very happy with them.

Chain slots, easy fork install/removal from center or end of frame, other add-on pieces for the frame (backrest, 2" receiver adapter, 3PT adapter, etc.), and truly a quality product in its build. I can also vouch for Chris' willingness and ability to stand behind his product and work with his customers to get them the right tools.

The lower weight helps immensely on the smaller tractors by keeping the non-cargo weight at a minimum. I used mine to lift 16', 20" diameter logs off of my equipment trailer with a 200cx loader and a 2520 machine. And, I was using the 42" forks when I did it (the landscape forks are better suited to that sort of work, but you work with what you have).
Why would you need to remove the backrest? It seem it would be safer if they were welded on an not pined. I guess it depends on what you plan on using them for. Mine would be logs and rocks. I'm not sure what my tractor can lift.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Why would you need to remove the backrest? It seem it would be safer if they were welded on an not pined. I guess it depends on what you plan on using them for. Mine would be logs and rocks. I'm not sure what my tractor can lift.
The backrest adds weight. If you're lifting solid materials (like a 20" log), you don't need it since the frame provides all of the "control" you would need. Other items that are more prone to falling off of a pallet or what-not would be safer to lift and move with the backrest. In commercial applications, forks are used on a purpose-built machine (a forklift), and they have more than enough lifting power to handle all of the guards and such as well as the materials weight. Agricultural and homeowner use may have different needs. The ability to put them on and take them off as necessary makes the forks immensely more flexible.

I don't own the backrest, nor do I foresee a need for it based on current and projected future use.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The backrest adds weight. If you're lifting solid materials (like a 20" log), you don't need it since the frame provides all of the "control" you would need. Other items that are more prone to falling off of a pallet or what-not would be safer to lift and move with the backrest. In commercial applications, forks are used on a purpose-built machine (a forklift), and they have more than enough lifting power to handle all of the guards and such as well as the materials weight. Agricultural and homeowner use may have different needs. The ability to put them on and take them off as necessary makes the forks immensely more flexible.

I don't own the backrest, nor do I foresee a need for it based on current and projected future use.
The Artillian look nice. I watched a couple of the videos on youtube. I emailed them today. I also found these on ebay. 42" John Deere Pallet Fork Attachment 200 300 400 500 Loaders Deer Free Shipping | eBay
Now I told my wife Santa needs to bring me a set for XMas.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
All I will say is this... The quality of the Artillian forks is superior and the customer service won't hold a candle to Chris @ Artillian. Head over to the Artillian forum here as Chris is a vendor.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts