Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I flipped my pallet forks over to gain some more height. They fit on the frame upside down the same as right side up. Will lifting something with the forks upside down hurt them? Trying to lift an approximately 1100 pound pumpkin in a giant pumpkin lift ring.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Interesting thought. I googled "inverted pallet fork" and found it is not an uncommon trick. Here is a link to a fork manufacturer that adds a gusset to the elbow to gain strength while inverted:

Upside-down forks

I have Class 2 forks that can go either way. Understanding the limitations, it could be useful someday.

·
Premium Member
11,029 Posts
I see it looks like you have Titan forks... you could try calling Titan to see what they have to say about it.

On the other hand... with forks on the loader, lifting 1100 lbs. with your 2032R will likely be quite the challenge.

·
Administrator
17,325 Posts
Chris from Artillian has written about this in the past, some diligent searching may find the threads.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see it looks like you have Titan forks... you could try calling Titan to see what they have to say about it.

On the other hand... with forks on the loader, lifting 1100 lbs. with your 2032R will likely be quite the challenge.

loader specs for the 220R is 1120 pounds lift capacity and I have increased my loader pressure by about 12% so I think it will lift it.

·
Premium Member
11,029 Posts
loader specs for the 220R is 1120 pounds lift capacity and I have increased my loader pressure by about 12% so I think it will lift it.
Yes, but that is at the pivot point. Anything attached to the (upside down) pallet forks will reduce that significantly.

220R Lift Capacity
To Maximum Height (A) at Pivot Point509 kg (1120 lb)
To Maximum Height (A) at 500 mm (19.7 in) (I) Forward of Pivot Point365 kg (803 lb)

Good luck and please report back and let us know how you make out and as always WE LOVE PICTURES! :)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Not to derail the subject of this thread, but have you posted about this increase? I think there would be lots of folks interested in seeing what and how you did this pressure increase.

·
RIP Chris
148 Posts
Yes, be sure to hit X3 to reach their engineering department. :lol:

The thing to remember about Titan products is that, being made of low quality recycled Chinese metal, they rust from the inside out so as they age, they become weaker and weaker. What you can get away with today could result in a catastrophe later on.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Need pictures of pumpkin lift, successful or not.

·
Registered
8,217 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yes, be sure to hit X3 to reach their engineering department. :lol:

The thing to remember about Titan products is that, being made of low quality recycled Chinese metal, they rust from the inside out so as they age, they become weaker and weaker. What you can get away with today could result in a catastrophe later on.
Can you please provide a reference to this process of rusting from the inside out?

I have worked with metal a good part of my life and I never heard of this happening.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
11,029 Posts
You have to drill a hole and wait a while before you can see it. :laugh:
I had a boom pole once which unknown to me had some shoddy welds which allowed water to enter. I eventually drilled a small hole in the bottom of one of the tubes and about a pint of rusty water came out.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Can you please provide a reference to this process of rusting from the inside out?

I have worked with metal a good part of my life and I never heard of this happening.

Thanks in advance
There are posts here from members buying their forks and ballast boxes and finding the quality of the steel very lacking and rust inside of the structural steel pieces of the accessories.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts