Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi its to late to ask the mfg
I have a 1026r with h120 bucket can I use the 36" pallet fork attachment or do I have to get the 42"
thanks in advance
I'm looking to mount the 54 plow on for this winter and the video on this site is great

·
Administrator
18,314 Posts
Welcome to GTT,
You should be asking in the Artillian forum, I'll move it for you.

36" or "42 are both a great fit for a 1026, that question has been asked about 1000 times :lol:

·
Registered
837 Posts
I bought 36" forks and wish I had gone with 42s, I unload pallets off the back of a Fed- Ex truck weekly and my forks are a little short.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went with the 42s. 36s might have been enough but with the 42s i can see and keep track of the tips easier, and really doesn't seem any less maneuverable. either way you'll like the pallet frame and forks. I just installed the 54 plow kit from artillian and am looking forward putting it to use when the snow arrives.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm in the minority with 24" forks. The shorter length is great for applying prying force on rocks, stumps, and uprooting large bushes by the roots. They are more a landscape tool than a pallet mover.

I also have a set of Artillian 42" slip-on forks which slide over the 24's like a scabbard. I use these when I have occasional need to move pallets which is not often. This combination works great for me but I don't think the 24's are offered by Artillian any more.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
I have the 42" Titan forks and i have never used the bucket.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Get whatever size you think will work best for you for your application. I have the 42's. I bought them for my 2210 SCUT and now use them on my 3025e. They have worked well with either tractor. The advantage of the 42's is I can reach just a bit further into my truck bed to snag a pallet. They came in very handy last Friday when I was down loading the material for my shop off of a 53' trailer. The delivery truck was parked on the side of the road and I was able to reach just about all the way across his trailer deck to get loads.

I am sure the 36's will work fine but take a hard look and what tasks you will be doing now AND in the future. The 42's are not too long or heavy for a 1 series if that is your concern. If you have very tight areas to maneuver in then the 36's maybe what works for you.

Artillian did offer 24's but are discontinued and I am betting they would be great for prying rocks etc in the ground. They now offer a hoe bucket for that sort of thing. I have seen 24 inch forks listed once on the classifieds and they didn't last long on there.

Good luck with your decision. Again, make sure it is what works for you now AND in the future. Each of us have slightly different requirements for what we use our tractor for and what we will use it for. :bigbeer:

·
Premium Member
5,091 Posts
I bought the Artillian 36" forks for my 1026R based on application and maneuverability, as well as the capabilities of the 1026R. I move 50# sacks of livestock feed and 125# bales of hay. There's no way I can handle more than 500 - 550# with the 1026R off the back of my pickup or trailer and still feel I'm in a safe zone. Thirty-six inch forks with the loader, tractor, and ballast box on the rear provide enough challenge in maneuvering around.

DSC_2155.JPG

I move 4 bales of hay just using the forks and 11 sacks of feed on a pallet safely to my storage locations.

Just my 2¢ of input . . .

Reactions: Levi and Robnik

·
Premium Member
13,666 Posts
I went with 36" forks, they are a great length for these small tractors but sometimes I wish I had 42" simply because with the 36" the fork frame is right in line with the tips, I think the 42" would still allow me to see the tips. :dunno:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
built my own

HI guys I spent the day fabricating my own quick hitch mount for my new titan pallet fork attachment I'm trying to post pictures but am having no luck !

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts