Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3039r and am thinking on getting a set of pallet forks. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on which ones and why? I have never had a set and do not know what I should be looking at. I do know I want the higher back and would like an easy way to attach a chain if needed. I have been looking and the only set I found that lists a chain slot is artillian but there is a significant price difference between them and just about anyone else.
Who uses what and is ther a less expensive set with a chain attachment?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Buy once, cry once. There is no comparison with the versatility, quality, durability, fit & finish, weight and usefulness of Artillian vs the “others”.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a set of Artillians on order (42x3”) with the 3000 pound frame. While I cannot comment on the quality personally yet, I can comment on understanding the price difference between them and others. I looked at other brands and shopped around at Deere for them also. I can tell you for the money you won’t find a better set (from what I’ve seen/read). With the limited lift capacity of my 2032R every pound extra the forks weigh is a pound less of material I can pickup. And I couldn’t find one bad review on them, but yes they are spendy but show me something of true quality that isn’t.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 3039r and am thinking on getting a set of pallet forks. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on which ones and why? I have never had a set and do not know what I should be looking at. I do know I want the higher back and would like an easy way to attach a chain if needed. I have been looking and the only set I found that lists a chain slot is artillian but there is a significant price difference between them and just about anyone else.
Who uses what and is ther a less expensive set with a chain attachment?
Many of the members on this site think there is nothing like Artillian. I bought a set from AIM a couple of years ago for my 4120 and they have been great! They are very well built (have picked up a 1000 lbs with them when I have weights on the back to keep rear of tractor on the ground) They have the high back you are needing and they are made in the USA! I believe you will be very happy with them and save some $$. Not sure about the chain attachment though. Good luck!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,044 Posts
R.davenport35, There is a lot of information on here about the various forks offered and new forks keep showing up all the time.
Just keep in mind most forks are far better than no forks.

·
Premium Member
10,107 Posts
Many of the members on this site think there is nothing like Artillian. I bought a set from AIM a couple of years ago for my 4120 and they have been great! They are very well built (have picked up a 1000 lbs with them when I have weights on the back to keep rear of tractor on the ground) They have the high back you are needing and they are made in the USA! I believe you will be very happy with them and save some $$. Not sure about the chain attachment though. Good luck!
All of the "Fork Threads" and I've never heard AIM mentioned. Good to know there is another made in USA option out there.

Chris (Artillian) was a big contributor on this side and a damn nice guy. I liked supporting a small business and Chris was great to work with and his workmanship and creativity was outstanding.

R.davenport35, There is a lot of information on here about the various forks offered and new forks keep showing up all the time.
Just keep in mind most forks are far better than no forks.
x2 :good2:

Another handy option is a 2 inch receiver in the frame.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
The CID forks I just purchased are made in a North Carolina and have US forks.

I am going to add some Ken’s bolt on hooks to them.

AB8997DA-8E25-4B66-8ADB-C2E3546854F8.jpeg

D5213825-689C-4564-9AA6-024A6968C578.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
I am going to add some Ken’s bolt on hooks to them.
That seems to me to be the easy option. You can weld or bolt a set of hooks to any fork frame for short $$. :good2:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have a set of 42 inch Artillians. Yes, they are probably more money than most others. However, they tend to be lighter than other brands and more importantly to me, is I can use the frame for other attachments. I routinely take the forks off and mount a hoe bucket on my fork frame.

So, in my mind, if all you want are forks, go find the lightest/cheapest set that suits your needs. If you think you will want other attachments and want the advantage of having a loader frame that can accommodate that, then consider the Artillians.

It's all about how you want to solve your problems and spend your money. When I got mine, the Artillians were the lightest ones on the market and really the only ones that a SCUT could handle. Titan quickly came out with some and so have other brands. If you really want to be cheap you can always get some bolt on forks for your bucket but you will really be limiting your self.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hadn’t thought of adding bolt on hooks that is a good thought. I also hadn’t thought about whether I might need the artillian set if I choose to get a grapple in the future. This is why I put this out these are all good things to ponder. I had the hydraulics set so I can use a grapple easy enough. Just not ready for one yet. But it may be worth the extra cost for when I am ready.
All food for thought as I’m not getting them until spring as there is too much snow to do much outside now anyhow.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
This is what came on my 4044M tractor when I bought it. It was at the JD Dealer and I said I want that one not the black painted one. I have been happy and I use mine a lot. They sure want a lot for one!!!

Equip. Model
Tractor Attachments, Front Loader Attachments, Material Handling
Mounting Type
John Deere Carrier
Product Info
Brand
Frontier
Compatible Equipment
Tractor
Intended Use
Commercial
Price
Model
Frontier
Operation
Tine Length 48"
Number of Tines
Weight Capacity
3750 lbs.
Dimensions
Depth
54"
Width, Overall*(in.)
50"
Height, Overall*(in.)
34"
Weight 380 lbs. JD%20Forks%201.png I added 2 Hay Spears and welded hooks on the side for chains at my Pivot Point strongest lift point 3490 lbs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts