109 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that explains that! Thanks for the info and help. Guess I will have to save up a few more pennies...

Adam

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've done a little research on Titan, AKA Palletforks.com, AKA ATVExpress, or whatever the name is this week, ever wonder how they can sell stuff so cheap and offer free shipping as well?

Some of this is from other forums, and some from google image searching:

What do you think? I think they dont really make anything-or not much anyway but they just import stuff and slap a titan sticker on it thats why the quality is so hit-n-miss.

AMI GLOBAL - Grapple buckets,Auto tools
Factory information AMI Global Corporation - Company Profile

Some examples I found.

60" Grapple
Titan 60" Grapple Bucket Skid Steer Attachment
AMI Global 60" Light Weight Grapple Bucket Attachment, View Grapple bucket, AMI or OEM Product Details from AMI GLOBAL on Alibaba.com
Grapple in shipping container: Skid steer grapple bucket, View Grapple bucket, OEM Product Details from AMI GLOBAL on Alibaba.com

HD Pallet Forks
Titan http://www.palletforks.com/skid-stee...ttachment.html
AMI Global http://amiglobal.trustpass.alibaba.c...ttachment.html

Tree Shear
AMI Global http://amiglobal.trustpass.alibaba.c...r_loaders.html

Snow Push
AMI Global http://amiglobal.trustpass.alibaba.c...kid_steer.html

Backhoe
Titan http://www.palletforks.com/three-poi...excavator.html
AMI Global http://amiglobal.trustpass.alibaba.c...P_tractor.html

Fork Grapple
Titan http://www.palletforks.com/skid-stee...hment-280.html
AMI Global(has the titan sticker on it) http://amiglobal.trustpass.alibaba.c...k_grapple.html

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did look at the Artillian forks, but I figured if I could get a set for half the cost I would take a look. I have the ability to spend $4-500 right now without the CFO getting on me too bad, spending potentially $1k after shipping is out of the question.

Adam

Reactions: johnH123

·
Registered
149 Posts
Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
I did look at the Artillian forks, but I figured if I could get a set for half the cost I would take a look. I have the ability to spend $4-500 right now without the CFO getting on me too bad, spending potentially $1k after shipping is out of the question.

Adam
I am in the same spot. HFO doesn't understand the need.

I am saving my pennies till I can get a set from Artillian. I'd rather wait and be happy with a great set of forks that are backed up by even greater customer service, and that I know who (and where) they were made.

My patience will be rewarded with satisfaction (and the possibility of a grapple to go with the forks)

I've never had good luck compromising quality, and have never been let down waiting for it.

·
Registered
12,601 Posts
I am in the same spot. HFO doesn't understand the need.

I am saving my pennies till I can get a set from Artillian. I'd rather wait and be happy with a great set of forks that are backed up by even greater customer service, and that I know who (and where) they were made.

My patience will be rewarded with satisfaction (and the possibility of a grapple to go with the forks)

I've never had good luck compromising quality, and have never been let down waiting for it.
AMEN!!! rtgt.:greentractorride: what else is their to say???

Reactions: blue87fj60 and Levi

·
Registered
751 Posts
I am in the same spot......

Many years ago I purchased a very expensive, made in the USA, cargo trailer that was custom color matched to a Goldwing I owned back then. The owner of the company used to say..... "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

In the case of that particular brand of trailer, you certainly did get what you paid for. The quality was top notch and customer service was excellent.

I'm thinking of forks for my tractor and am often tempted by low price, but I keep thinking of that quote... I'll save some more $$ and buy right the first time..

Reactions: Levi and rtgt

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Hey, i was in the same boat on the forks.
I HAD to have a set. If i didn't have the tractor it would of been struggle with something to move as i always have. But having the tractor, it was crazy not to have forks. I'm not getting any younger and if i can save my bad back from getting any worse, it would be money well spent. One of the main reasons my back is so bad is i picked up a manhole casting wrong like 10 years ago in my yard. I think to myself that if that had never happened would i be better off today?

Anyway, i saved up, sold some stuff and got the Artllians. Just got them last friday as a matter of fact. Chris from Artillian called me last week as they were being boxed up and i gotta say what an absolute class act he is.
And the forks are beautiful.... If a set of forks could be such a thing.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,054 Posts
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
:thumbup1gif: Money saving statements to live by!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'll agree with what has been said, for the most part.

Although initially I had no intentions of purchasing forks, after evaluating the performance of the tractor, and moving around the 47" snow blower while still on a pallet, I decided it would be a wise purchase with a bunch of additional uses (mainly brush, stone removal).

Went to my local JD dealer, they prepped a set of forks for me. When I arrived to pick them up I decided to check them out before having them loaded into my truck, they were almost 500lbs :banghead: .....or better than 50% of the tractors lifting capacity.

Asked if they had any other options, salesman told me he'd get back to me if they could find some a lighter duty model (which they normal kept in stock). I had already checked out Artillians web page, and thought the product was of better quality and design.

Picked them up from Chris on Saturday (thanks again for meeting me on your day off, hope you didn't get in to much trouble from the boss). Great guy, company, and product!

~g

·
584 Posts

Adam
Understand. I like the Artillian because of the versatility of the fork frame. You can put the I match adapter on the frame, which utilizes the use of 3 point implements off the loader, front blade on the fork frame, and in the very near future, a grapple on the fork frame. Sometimes attachments cost more up front, but the money, and time you will save in the long run by having a multi use attachment pays for itself. Just something to think about. Here is a link to my site if you would like more info on Artillian. Thanks

Artillian John Deere Quick Attach Pallet Fork Sets

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Ancient Chinese Proverb....."Buy cheap - buy twice!!" :laugh:

About this time last year I was looking for a quick attach plate for some projects I wanted to build (and still haven't built. :(). I'd read a bunch of stuff about Titan, but thought "Hey, it's a flat piece of steel - how bad can it be?" Plus it was only a $150 or so gamble. So, I bought this and also a version of the same plate without the receiver in it. If you click on the link, be sure to take notice of this: Condition Notice: This receiver mount plate has light scratches and is slightly dented under the receiver.

One thing for sure, Titan certainly put a lot of time and money into packaging the product for shipment. :thumbup1gif::lol:
Pic01.jpg

But, at least the fit was nice and tight! I could be sure that the plate was snug against my FEL frame.
Pic02.jpg Pic07.jpg

The plate was flat as could be!! :bigthumb::laugh:
Pic08.jpg Pic09.jpg

The plate without the receiver was the same way. I think they bowed the steel when they welded the attachment brackets on to the steel. I did get them to take the non-receiver plate back, including the shipping cost (which I had to fight them on). I argued that I shouldn't be responsible for the shipping since it was a defective product. But, due to the "Condition Notice", they wouldn't take this one back. Their argument was that I knew it was "damaged", even though I don't think that a "slight dent" under the receiver equates to the entire plate being bowed. I do use the receiver plate from time to time to move a couple trailers around here.

When I tried to contact Titan to start the return process, my emails went unanswered for several days. I was finally begging (putting "PLEASE RESPOND" in the subject line) them to reply to me. They also didn't return phone calls. I finally used their on-line "sales questions" popup on their website to basically "trap" the sales rep into replying to me. :banghead:

Here's what I ordered yesterday to use for the project that the Titan plate was supposed to be used for. I'm thinking that it will be a slightly higher quality and that any customer service issues, if any, will be promptly addressed.

Please refer, once again, back to the Ancient Chinese Proverb. :laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,054 Posts
Good post mark02tj, thanks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts