Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have a 4000 series loader and was wanting to get some pallet forks. Anyone have any experience with Titan brand or Artillian? Also saw some attachments from AIM. Any knowledge on them?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I have the Titan forks too, with 48" tines and bale spears. They work great on my 4105.

Artillian makes a great fork set too that is lighter than the Titan's, but I didn't need a significant weight savings so I went with the Titans due to cost. Worked out great for me.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Titan forks

I just bought one a few months ago for my 2520 and they are great. Yes, they are made in China, but they are just as good as the ones at my work. I was not in the least disappointed, the price is half of others I have seen and the quality is very good. I have used them at least twenty times, no problems and very proud of the purchase. Don't be scared of these because they are made in China.

·
Premium Member
10,139 Posts
Have a 4000 series loader and was wanting to get some pallet forks. Anyone have any experience with Titan brand or Artillian? Also saw some attachments from AIM. Any knowledge on them?
I just received my Artillian Forks last week. I would highly recommend them. They are a quality US manufactured product. Kinda like we used to make here all the time.

I had to save a few more pennies but I want more than just "forks". I intend to also add the Grapple shortly. After receiving my forks - I can say without a doubt - they are worth every penny.

Artillian adds some "little things" like chain slots on each end (top & bottom) that make a difference as well. His customer service is top notch. I've called a few times and always got the same employee - the owner.

Shipped when they were supposed to and arrived when they were scheduled to.

With Artillian you also have a choice of fork size & length, and he carries Made in US Cascade forks.

I do not have any experience with Titan Forks. (And I probably never will). While the product is reportedly able to do the job, I personally I would rather do without than send my money to China. But that is just me. Stubborn Hard Headed Red Blooded Marine Corps American. (try saying that in chinese 3 times fast).

·
Premium Member
10,139 Posts
Check out this thread. It is a good example of the kind of service you get from Artillian.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/artillian-tractor/45841-website-updates-changes-3000lb-hd-fork-sets.html

In a nutshell his new HD frame now has an option of adding a 2" receiver.

Another member with an original frame ask if his frame could be retrofitted to add the receiver.

Chris already had the gears moving to make a retrofit kit available.

Any good engineer can design a good product.
Any good manufacturing team can make a good designed product.

In my opinion, Chris takes these two assets and loads the bases with a third - Customer Driven Products and Service.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the Titan forks too, with 48" tines and bale spears. They work great on my 4105.

Artillian makes a great fork set too that is lighter than the Titan's, but I didn't need a significant weight savings so I went with the Titans due to cost. Worked out great for me.
Thanks for the reply. Wasn't sure if I wanted to get 42" or 48"

Reactions: 5304 and BigJim55

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My suggestion would be to do a Google search for both companies you're considering.

There are several reviews of both Artillian and Titan right here on GTT, I can't link them right now but they make for good reading.
seemed most of the reviews on GTT were several years old. When I looked on Amazon they had recent reviews and nearly all of them were great for the Titan.

Reactions: 5304 and BigJim55

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
It's not as much a quality issue as to why I bought Artillian forks as it is that Artillian is an American company, the little guy even. Having a JD is a little about just having the Green and Yellow paint. Having Artillian forks is about the little Made in the USA sticker and what it stands for. When I read the "About Us" tab on the Titan website it made me sad. I get that not everything is going to be Made in the USA but when given the choice I spend the extra :gizmo:. From what I gather on this website from the members and their stories I have a feeling more of us would be out of work than counting our stock options if our place of business outsourced over seas. I'm not trying to guilt anyone into something they can't afford. Just throwing this out there. In Iowa you can go to just about any town and see a large empty building that used to be what people did for work. Many towns are even dying because of it. I personally moved to the city for work. I'm not looking for an argument or anything, but I've not lost any sleep over spending a little extra cash for that little Made in the USA sticker. :thumbup1gif:

-Seth

·
Premium Member
10,139 Posts
It's not as much a quality issue as to why I bought Artillian forks as it is that Artillian is an American company, the little guy even. Having a JD is a little about just having the Green and Yellow paint. Having Artillian forks is about the little Made in the USA sticker and what it stands for. When I read the "About Us" tab on the Titan website it made me sad. I get that not everything is going to be Made in the USA but when given the choice I spend the extra :gizmo:. From what I gather on this website from the members and their stories I have a feeling more of us would be out of work than counting our stock options if our place of business outsourced over seas. I'm not trying to guilt anyone into something they can't afford. Just throwing this out there. In Iowa you can go to just about any town and see a large empty building that used to be what people did for work. Many towns are even dying because of it. I personally moved to the city for work. I'm not looking for an argument or anything, but I've not lost any sleep over spending a little extra cash for that little Made in the USA sticker. :thumbup1gif:

-Seth
Very well put 636mullet. :good2:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I went with JD forks 42", Great forks heavy and well made. The dealer had them in stock when I bought my tractor. IF I think I need longer forks I can add extensions, but have found a need for them.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
88 Posts
Folks, this thread is most likely a fake post to surreptitiously prop up the Titan/ATVExpress/SkidSteerExpress/Etc reputation. This is the kind of slithering to be expected from them.

Titan is as lowlife an enterprise as can be conceived. They have no scruples whatsoever. They copy the designs of real companies and send them off to China for duplication, even in the face of being presented with patent infringement lawsuits. There are plenty of other brands operating legitimately which are far more deserving of consideration, eg, Horst, Worksaver, EverythingAttachments, etc.

It's almost impossible to avoid buying imported products in the US these days, but a company like this is especially disgusting because they go out of their way to import as much as possible as cheaply as possible with little overhead to leave plenty of margin for lots of advertising expenses.

Anyone who sends their money to this company, or others like it, needs to think about the soundness of their own intellect as a conscientious American citizen.

For a little generic reading on steel products coming out of China, http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/05/opinion/the-price-of-made-in-china.html?_r=0

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Folks, this thread is most likely a fake post to surreptitiously prop up the Titan/ATVExpress/SkidSteerExpress/Etc reputation. This is the kind of slithering to be expected from them.

Titan is as lowlife an enterprise as can be conceived. They have no scruples whatsoever. They copy the designs of real companies and send them off to China for duplication, even in the face of being presented with patent infringement lawsuits. There are plenty of other brands operating legitimately which are far more deserving of consideration, eg, Horst, Worksaver, EverythingAttachments, etc.

It's almost impossible to avoid buying imported products in the US these days, but a company like this is especially disgusting because they go out of their way to import as much as possible as cheaply as possible with little overhead to leave plenty of margin for lots of advertising expenses.

Anyone who sends their money to this company, or others like it, needs to think about the soundness of their own intellect as a conscientious American citizen.

For a little generic reading on steel products coming out of China, http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/05/opinion/the-price-of-made-in-china.html?_r=0

Have a nice day.
I assure you I have no connection with Titan. I also asked about AIM attachments. I believe they are manufactured in Colombus, OH. They look very heavily made. Anyone have any knowledge about AIM?

·
Premium Member
10,139 Posts
I assure you I have no connection with Titan. I also asked about AIM attachments. I believe they are manufactured in Colombus, OH. They look very heavily made. Anyone have any knowledge about AIM?
I have never hear of AIM.

Do you have a link to their site?

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.