Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,865 Posts
Are those one Horst Welding makes? I had a set made by Horst Welding and sold them. I had two issues with them, the were heavy and did not have a removable backrest/brush guard.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
109 Posts
I believe Construction Attachments are related to Everything attachments.

Construction Attachments 42" John Deere, John Deer, Quick Attach JD, Compact Pallet Forks CAL-1PFCMPSM42

I own a set and love them. They have held up fine and I leave them outside all year round. I have had them for several years and cannot believe how much use I get from them. Would like a second set to leave up north. Have considered the Artillian forks because you can add a trail hitch adapter which would make moving trailers around easier. No matter where I park one of the trailers, they are always in the way and need to be moved.

Matt

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
aaron,

are those titan forks?

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
12,519 Posts
that's a lot cheaper price than what I gave jd for my set of mine. thou I have 4ft length forks. and mine are heavy too. but when I bought mine, I didn't even know about GTT or have a laptop. I luv to have a set of Artillians-but I have to sell mine before that -someday-hopefully!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I suggest you look at Titan's offerings and purchase from them direct. Solid pricing, fast shipping and good communication. Take a look here

Pallet Fork Attachments - Attachments for John Deere - Tractor Attachments

I'm pleased with my 42" set (without backstop, for $449) for the price. The Titan's do not appear as well made nor do the forks slide as easily as (I think) the USA made offerings, Artillian being a good example. I don't have experience with anything besides my Titan set but I will say for the occasional use, the Titans are great. Zero issues with fitment to John Deere Quick Attach system. The green color does not match, FYI (if you care).

Here are the exact ones I purchased: 42" Pallet Fork Attachment with 2" Trailer Receiver Hitch for John Deere Loader

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just got the Titan 42" for $429 directly from Titan, free shipping, about 3 weeks ago, I like them and the price was less than half the Artiilians:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
9,830 Posts
I have the Artillian frame/forks.

Quality isn't even a question.

They are well worth the investment to me.

Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: Marlin and BigJim55

·
Banned
419 Posts
Forks

I am not saying the Artilian forks are not the best. but have not tried them. What I am saying is a sub or medium compact tractor is going to lift a given amount. The heavier the forks and frame the less you can lift. The other thing is I have the Titian ones. bout before Artilian came out with theirs. But one ting is your tractor it designed to lift about 900 pounds give ot take. So that said I do not feel you going to destroy any fork set up unless you abuse them. I know I was lifting poles and one got under a fork and over the other. Caused the one mounting to bend. So found a guard rail steel post and turned the forks down and pushed against the one fork and bent the metal back. Works fine since. I am sure I could do the same with any set. NO mater where made or by who. I bought what I could afford at the time.

·
Premium Member
9,830 Posts
Please take a close look at the avatar to the left.

I defended this country for less than minimum wage.

I cannot afford to send what I gave many years of my life for to China.

I am very proud to support not only an American company, I am also very happy to support a dedicated vendor and supporter of our website.

It is your money, your job, your country.

Just sayin'

·
Premium Member
9,830 Posts
Anybody have experience with these pallet forks? They are roughly the same price as Artillian but have the built in back rest.

View attachment 146745

Steve,

I don't have any experience with the forks that you posted, however I do own a set of Artillian Forks.

Something to consider, given that the costs are roughly the same, is that the Artillian Frame is on of the lightest frames on the market. It is very well engineered.

Another consideration would be your intended uses. The Artillian "system" allows you several features that others do not, such as the ability to mount a JD front QH and snow plow. They also have an option to mount 3 point implements on the front as well using a 3 point quick hitch. As Gizmo2 stated, the back rest is removable.

One of the biggest deciding factors for me was the ability to add a grapple and grapple beds to the fork frame. I bought the Artillian system because I wanted a grapple. The forks were just a bonus that came with the package.

I also added the receiver hitch to my frame. Not only can I mount a trailer ball in the frame, I can also use my receiver clevis as a single lifting point.

The frame also has 5/16 chain slots at each end of the frame.

God only knows what else Chris will come up with next to mount on the frame.

It is a pretty versatile attachment. Just some food for thought.

Sorry about the diversion in your thread.

BTW, I noticed your location. I lived in Evansville for about 12 years. Does Lloyd Expressway still have red lights? :lol:

·
Registered
523 Posts
I will not get into details just my own testing I had to sell my 3 point hitch Quick connect HF for $50 and buy $$$ Imatch For $50 i could keep it as a spare but i need to make sure is gone I too have the Titan forks that i consider at maximum OK but i test the artillan forks from a friend that bought them My titan are for sale in craiglist The forks are heavy and they never keep the settings on the rail :greentractorride::flag_of_truce:

·
Banned
419 Posts
Forks

Have to wonder if Artilian will accept the standard forks that have been made for years. I did buy the Titan forks and carrier together. I have since found out that most fork lift forks will slide on to the Titan carrier. If your fork slide I am betting your not locking them into place with the pins of you have a pin that is not seating right. Even when I twisted mine they stayed in place. I am very sure I can damage the Artilian by doing the same thing with those forks, But wonder if they can be repaired as easily?

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Have to wonder if Artilian will accept the standard forks that have been made for years. I did buy the Titan forks and carrier together. I have since found out that most fork lift forks will slide on to the Titan carrier. If your fork slide I am betting your not locking them into place with the pins of you have a pin that is not seating right. Even when I twisted mine they stayed in place. I am very sure I can damage the Artilian by doing the same thing with those forks, But wonder if they can be repaired as easily?
Artillian fits standard ITA class II forks.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,865 Posts
I'm using Horst Welding supplied tines on the Artillian frame.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
At the end of the day, you have to be happy with whatever product you purchase. The members here can provide information about various brands and why they made the choices they did, but the final decision rests with the purchaser. We're all going to make different decisions, just like tractors.

There is something that I just absolutely do not comprehend about pallet forks. I have no idea why people get so excited over their favorite brands, moreso even than they do tractors and the threads quickly turn into Brand X vs Brand Y. At that point, any useful information usually gets lost. It's in all of our best interest to keep these threads friendly and helpful. If you cannot reply to the thread in a polite manner, it might be best to refrain. :hi:

·
Administrator
20,916 Posts
Don't be sorry. You did nothing wrong. :good2:

Sometimes things get a little heated. Most times when that happens its usually something taken in the wrong meaning or context. Don't sweat it. :drinks:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts