Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying my first tractor, new 1025r, this week and looking for recommendations for a pallet frame and fork setup. The dealer has the AP11 42" setup in stock. I was leaning toward the Artillian 2300lbs 36" or 42" setup. The Artillian frame looks nicer but I would love to hear some opinions. Is there advantages to either of them? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,978 Posts
AF10 - are better suited to a 1025R, artillian makes a great modular set. The biggest thing is weight of the implement - the heavier the forks, the less you can pick up. With the limited the lifting capacity of the 1025R, you'll never exceed, even the "weakest" forks capacity so the decision should be made on implement weight and budget. I've got Titans at about 270lbs. If I were doing it again, I'd get the AF10s. I would wait for the dealer to get the lighter 10s, versus 12s (you said 11s, not personally aware of them). If the Artillian modular system looks like a good fit, that's the lightest option, but also the most $$$.

Reactions: bpop

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
I have the AP10F 42” forks which is recommended for the 1025R and they weigh in at 200 lbs. The heavier the forks the less you will be able to lift. I think the Artillian fork frames have a receiver built in so that’s cool if you go that route. They’re spendy but well built and what all the cool kids are getting. I have no complaints from my APF10’s aside from the lack of a guard on top

Reactions: Pigpen and PJR832

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
There are many forums on here about it. I went with the Titan forks. They cal it the swiss army forks. Has 2 inch reciever, haybale spear holes and 42 in forks. I have had realy god luck with the Titan products. Yes some of the welds dont always look pretty but they have worked just fine for me. I dont use them every day.

They won't break the bank either. I had a shipping issue because the salesman made a mistake and it was handled immediately. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Good luck! You will get a lot of feedback I'm sure.
WB 🚜🇺🇲

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I have the 3000# Artillian and like it. It has a 2" receiver in the frame. It has an additional back guard that is a little pricey to me. My forks are 42".

rob

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
I have to agree with everyone who has the AP10F's. Better suited for the 1025R. Never had an issue with mine and it maximizes lift capacity.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
There are more adjustment slots on the Artillian than the John Deere. Additional slots could be ground in the John Deere.

rob

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Buy a frame with a headache rack, and forks of your choice in length.

Then buy a second frame only, with a hitch receiver.

I fell into this 2 frame ownership because I didn’t get a rack at first, then decided it would make moving tall horse jumps around easier if they had something to rest against, so I bought a frame with rack, and swapped the forks. I now have a frame only, with a hitch receiver tube, which I love for moving my trailers around.

And don’t bother trying to explain to folks who refer to your 1025R as a riding mower that it is a real tractor. Just grin and bear it.

·
Premium Member
12,680 Posts
well built and what all the cool kids are getting
I've never been referred to as one of the "cool kids". Thanks @Kbar

The 3,000# Artillian frame comes with the 2" receiver, the 2,300# frame does not.

I have the 3k# frame with the receiver. Thought it would be a good thing to have. Only used it a couple times. It's really hard to see where the ball and trailer tongue is. If I had a trailer to back into a real tight spot it might be worth having it. For just moving trailers around I have found a trailer mover on the rear 3 point much more handy as a stay on the tractor, pick it up move it & put it down tool.

I have used the receiver for a lifting point using a 2" receiver & shackle. Another thing with the Artillian frame is the outboard edges of the upper and lower frame have chain slots in them that can be used with chains or D-Rings and straps for lifting.

I'm thinking that hay bale spears on a 1 series aren't much use for most folks with a 1 series.

Buying new, I'd work in a set of the AP10F's with the deal. If you're getting a multi-implement discount, this is one that is worth the purchase.

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
I think the so called headache rack is just a higher vertical plane for the frame and doesn’t fully protect against roll backs. I plan a build with them leaning 25 to 35 degrees forward to “catch” any logs that want to roll back. Lift your forks up and curl all the way back and you’ll see what I’m talking about. Just sayin

Reactions: Mackford13 and EVT

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
I have had Titan forks 42" with backrest since 2016 and use them more than my bucket. The Titans are reasonable and shipping is fast and free.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did verify with the dealer and they are the AP11f with 42" in tines. So they weigh about 247lbs compared to the 198lbs of the AP10f with 42" tines. They do have the guard on top which is nice which I think is really the difference between the AP10f and AP11f. At $750 I think that's a good price.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Express Steel has US made forks comparable in price to the Titans and have FREE shipping too. They also have nice toothbars for your bucket at a reasonable cost.

I have Frontier forks. Get the headache rack, it is nice to have not only for protection but also as attachment points.

The frames with bale spears and receiver hitches seem like a good idea but wrestling forks off the frame gets old pretty fast. I have a separate Frontier bale spear for moving round bales. My forks live on my tractor full time and the bucket and spear are only put on when needed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Express Steel has US made forks comparable in price to the Titans and have FREE shipping too. They also have nice toothbars for your bucket at a reasonable cost.

I have Frontier forks. Get the headache rack, it is nice to have not only for protection but also as attachment points.

The frames with bale spears and receiver hitches seem like a good idea but wrestling forks off the frame gets old pretty fast. I have a separate Frontier bale spear for moving round bales. My forks live on my tractor full time and the bucket and spear are only put on when needed.
Seems Titans are out so stock.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I have the AP10F 42” forks which is recommended for the 1025R and they weigh in at 200 lbs. The heavier the forks the less you will be able to lift. I think the Artillian fork frames have a receiver built in so that’s cool if you go that route. They’re spendy but well built and what all the cool kids are getting. I have no complaints from my APF10’s aside from the lack of a guard on top
+10
I own the AP10F forks and they match my 1023e perfectly.

Reactions: Kbar

·
Premium Member
2017 1025R TLB - H120 - 260 - 60D
132 Posts
I have the Artillian #2300 lb frame (with separate head rest) and 36" forks. I've only had them for about a month, but I do like them. I plan on getting the Artillian grapple at some point. While the grapple fits on the same frame as the forks, I'm debating on getting another frame (maybe the 3000 lb one with hitch receiver) so I don't have to muscle the forks and grapple on/off the frame each time I want to switch.

Edit: decided if I were to get another frame I'd get the #2300 lb Artillian. I have 2 ways to pull trailers (3pt Heavy Hitch and Heavy Hitch base plate receiver) already and they work just fine.

Reactions: Artillian

·
Registered
427 Posts
Reactions: Kbar
1 - 20 of 72 Posts