Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..Say that 3 times fast....

Curious if anyone has ever successfully picked up a 1 ton pallet of pellets with a 1025r.

I know it is above the rated capacity - by roughly 2x.

I need to just barely get it off the ground so I can pull it backwards. Darned delivery driver put it in the wrong place. I can push it, but that does not help me. When I push it the rear wheels of the 1025R are off the ground.

So before I go put on a boatload of ballast - anyone ever done it successfully, or will i just be :banghead:

Thank.

·
Administrator
18,287 Posts
No way....not even sure my 3-Series would pick that up.

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
My vote is no, but I’d love to watch and honestly wish you could. But the unfortunate truth is not a chance with a 1 series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
626 Posts
You won’t be able to budge it. Even on a 3 series that is too much.

2017 2038r 72” MMM Command Cut 220r loader

·
Registered
130 Posts
Maybe you tilt it up enough to get a piece of plywood under it and then pull the plywood with a brush grubber? :dunno:

Reactions: grahamk

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
My 4044M has a hard time lifting a ton of salt on a pallet out of a Pickup!! It can lift it enough to drive the truck away then I have to let it down. No way is your tractor going to budge it. We took a few 50 lb sacks off then I could move it into my Daughters shop. Figure the fork set up is close to 450 lbs and it sits out past the pivot a bunch. IF it was right at the pivot and I used chains no problem at all lifting a ton up.
Specs on mine;
Lift capacity at full height
Measured at pivot (U)
2391 lb
1087 kgMeasured at 500 mm ahead of pivot (V)
1760 lb
800 kg

Lift capacity at 59 in. (1500 mm)
Measured at pivot (W)
2875 lb
1307 kgMeasured at 500 mm ahead of pivot (X)
2295 lb
1043 kg

Boom breakout force
Measured at pivot (Y)
3853 lbf
1743.7 kgfMeasured at 500 mm ahead of pivot (Z)
2902 lbf
1315.4 kgf

Bucket rollback force capacity
At maximum height (VV)
4112 lbf
1866.1 kgfAt 59-in. (1500-mm) lift height (XX)
5191 lbf
2355.1 kgfAt ground-level line (ZZ)
3487 lbf
1580.6 kgf

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
..Say that 3 times fast....

Curious if anyone has ever successfully picked up a 1 ton pallet of pellets with a 1025r.

I know it is above the rated capacity - by roughly 2x.

I need to just barely get it off the ground so I can pull it backwards. Darned delivery driver put it in the wrong place. I can push it, but that does not help me. When I push it the rear wheels of the 1025R are off the ground.

So before I go put on a boatload of ballast - anyone ever done it successfully, or will i just be :banghead:

Thank.

ahh--wouldn't all of us wish our tractors could do more-huh.:munch:me-thinks -ur gonna half to split ur pallet of pellets into 3 pallet's of pellets. i have a 2520 and that's what we did several ys ago.

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Your Tractor with loader Specs;
Loader
Bucket used
Pin On Materials 1250 mm
49 in.

Bucket weight
51 kg
112 lb

Lift capacity at full height
Measured at pivot (U)
319 kg
703 lbMeasured at 500 mm ahead of pivot (V)
232 kg
512 lb

Lift capacity at 59 in. (1500 mm)
Measured at pivot (W)
331 kg
729 lbMeasured at 500 mm ahead of pivot (X)
262 kg
578 lb

·
Premium Member
12,702 Posts
My vote is no, but I’d love to watch and honestly wish you could. But the unfortunate truth is not a chance with a 1 series.
Not much to see. Just the loader arms not moving and a lot of groaning from the relief valve. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,196 Posts
I get pellets delivered every fall (should have mine in a week or two!) and I can lift a 1 ton pallet of pellets about half an inch off the ground with my 2032R but even then, the machine is very unstable. Even with a full ballast box and loaded rear tires, the back end is so light that if I shift my weight it'd probably lift the rear tires off the ground.

Get yourself a spare pallet and split the ton down to a manageable size.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
ahh--wouldn't all of us wish our tractors could do more-huh.:munch:me-thinks -ur gonna half to split ur pallet of pellets into 3 pallet's of pellets. i have a 2520 and that's what we did several ys ago.
Yeah I could use my truck to pull it across the ground a bit. I just need to move it a few feet. Got busy when the guy was delivering and he plopped it right in front of my garage door exactly where i told him not to put it and i didn't notice until he was gone. In fact, I think I will just give them a call and ask them to come move it. I explicitly told him not to put it there.....

Thanks for all the replies - about what I figured, but it's always good to "ask the audience". :)

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Not much to see. Just the loader arms not moving and a lot of groaning from the relief valve. :)
You’re right, let me add, sit and watch with a cold brew

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Yeah I could use my truck to pull it across the ground a bit. I just need to move it a few feet. Got busy when the guy was delivering and he plopped it right in front of my garage door exactly where i told him not to put it and i didn't notice until he was gone. In fact, I think I will just give them a call and ask them to come move it. I explicitly told him not to put it there.....

Thanks for all the replies - about what I figured, but it's always good to "ask the audience". :)
so i'm assuming u have a pellet stove-duh:lol: do u let the whole skid sit outside thru the wintertime-or u cover it(skid)with a tarp??
we would split the skid into 3--and then move them into my big garage, and when we ran close to being out in the basement, just hop onto 2520-and bring another skid of bags down to basement---had to hand unload the bags to inside of basement-and restack them beside the stove--but everything stayed nice and dry.

just the audience wondering is all:laugh::munch:

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
21 Posts
yep split the load (at least) or if you have a carry-all you could throw some on the back for ballast and you might get closer to getting it in one trip! I used to load up my old 2210 with a stack of mulch on a carry-all

·
Premium Member
12,702 Posts
5x10x3 piece of asphalt.... I am cheating because it’s behind the bucket, carried it about 300ft. Rough calculations are about 1800lbs.
So you are saying that with roughly 2000 lbs of weight on the loader (asphalt + bucket weight) and only a box blade for ballast that you were able to lift the load off the ground AND your rear tires stayed on the ground?

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
592 Posts
When my brother and I were milking, we would unload 8 tons of bagged minerals for the milk cows by hand, one bag at a time. We would grind our own feed and we would go thru the 8 tons every two months. So, 1 ton of pellets isn’t a whole lot to move by hand. Good exercise, even if it takes you a couple of sessions.

Reactions: Marlin and BigJim55

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so i'm assuming u have a pellet stove-duh:lol: do u let the whole skid sit outside thru the wintertime-or u cover it(skid)with a tarp??
we would split the skid into 3--and then move them into my big garage, and when we ran close to being out in the basement, just hop onto 2520-and bring another skid of bags down to basement---had to hand unload the bags to inside of basement-and restack them beside the stove--but everything stayed nice and dry.

just the audience wondering is all:laugh::munch:

I burn 4 tons of pellets every winter and I take them off of the pallets and stack them in my garage - which as another person pointed out is good exercise. But I have the @%^#[email protected]^ flu and the dude put them down in front of my car so I cannot leave the house unless i moved them, and I am freaking sick. I had a hard time driving the tractor across the yard without getting wiped out.

They came out this morning and moved them for me. I felt bad asking them to do it, but i told the guy not to put them there......

Thanks for all the advice and good humor. :)

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Can you lift it enough to slide a few pieces of black pipe under the skid? Then roll the skid, moving the pieces of black pipe as you go. I've seen machinery movers / riggers use this technique on more than one occasion?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts