Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The parking brake on my Z445 has gotten almost impossible to set..... takes an excessive pull on the lever to put in 'PARK'. If I can't put the machine in park, then I'm gonna be dead in the water whenever I need to start the engine next time. This issue has gotten progressively worse. Operators manual does not show any way to adjust this extreme tension. Any suggestions ??

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,823 Posts
The parking brake on my Z445 has gotten almost impossible to set..... takes an excessive pull on the lever to put in 'PARK'. If I can't put the machine in park, then I'm gonna be dead in the water whenever I need to start the engine next time. This issue has gotten progressively worse. Operators manual does not show any way to adjust this extreme tension. Any suggestions ??

If your park brake lever is round, with a release button on the end, the travel of the park brake plates(5A, 5B or 5C) are adjusted by the position of Nuts(#3 & #16) on ether side of Trunnion(#15).

Note: - When the park brake is applied, the Plates come in contact with the rear tire center treads. If the tires are over-pressured, the park brake will be difficult to apply. Tire pressure specs. 10 PSI

If you park bake lever is Flat, I have no idea how to adjust. :unknown:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts