Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to set my parking brake today on my 1025r and the lever just goes up and down without much resistance and doesn't lock the pedal down anymore. Guessing a pin, bolt or clip came off somewhere but not sure which panels to remove to look.
Before I take off panels that I don't need to remove, Anybody have a schematic showing how the parking brake lever is connected to the brake pedal?

·
Premium Member
12,770 Posts
Unfortunately they do not show the brake linkage and the brake lock in the same diagram. Here are the separate diagrams for brake linkages and the parking brake.

Brakes.jpg Lock.jpg

·
Administrator
20,896 Posts
I would look just under the tractor where the linkage attaches to the catch cam (items 4&8 in the diagrams jgayman posted). Another member had that come apart before as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the same problem but was waiting for my first 50hr service to let the dealer fix it. I'm at 30hrs and have had it since March. Got to love it!

It's sort of a bummer but what I do it either float the loader to hold the turf, or shut down the tractor in L gear. It is not ideal and I need it fixed, but it hasn't been too much of an issue for me.

Let me know how you fix it if you do. Perhaps it is an easy one.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Parking brake also not working

I got tired of not having a parking brake on my 13.1 hour tractor and found the linkage (4) not hooked up and I'm not real clear as to where it goes based on this threads attachments. I also found a broken piece swinging around in the area of a cam of some type.. (see attached pictures). Under warranty, but 45 miles I have to pay for. If it's an easy fix I'll get the parts and do it myself
image.jpg . image.jpg

·
Administrator
20,896 Posts
There is an aluminum latch (item 8) that engages the gear looking piece. The rod goes into that latch pulling the pawl into the gear.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
thanks, I was looking at the wrong end of the arm, but the rod looks long to hook up. I'll crawl under tomorrow. Any idea what the other broken piece goes to in picture two?

·
Administrator
20,896 Posts
I'm fairly certain that's your cruise control that's broken in your picture.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
I got tired of not having a parking brake on my 13.1 hour tractor and found the linkage (4) not hooked up and I'm not real clear as to where it goes based on this threads attachments. I also found a broken piece swinging around in the area of a cam of some type.. (see attached pictures). Under warranty, but 45 miles I have to pay for. If it's an easy fix I'll get the parts and do it myself
View attachment 43886 . View attachment 43887
Foggy, Did you ask the dealer to do a road call on this...That is one major malfunction for a brand new tractor. A1 Safety hazard(In addition to being embarrassed that it even occurred)...I can't imagine them not wanting to fix it ASAP...I can imagine what some of us would have to say to them if they refused...

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Dieselshadow,
You are correct... The cruise control piece is broken. I've never used it before as i don't have an MMM for my tractor.

I need to figure out why my parking brake still doesn't work now. I'll crawl under the green monster tomorrow and look closer for any other broken or missing parts.

I did find a broken bolt that holds a piece of plastic down by the high/low range lever. It appears to have been over torqued per my stress engineer friend. I drilled and eazy-out the thing and will replace it tomorrow as well. Had to remove the seat to drill it though

image.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts