Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All;

I'm new to the forum and new to John Deere.

I just picked up a used X324 with Power Flow bagger. I'm VERY impressed with the mower but, I must admit that I have quickly become frustrated with navigating JD's website.

Does anyone have links (or pdfs they can send me) for parts and service manuals?

Thanks,
Tyler

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
The parts site is very easy to navigate,what are you looking for.

·
Super Moderator
2,698 Posts
You have to buy both the Parts Catalog and the Service Manual here: https://techpubs.deere.com/PreferencePage.aspx Or you can go to your dealer and order each. You can also use JD Parts to access their online parts catalogs: http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet You can register with JD Parts to see your dealer's inventory and prices of parts here: https://jdparts.deere.com/servlet/com.deere.u90.jdparts.view.servlets.maincontroller.SessionStartup?sessionID=8VZqddxkonRMLDQSSmn0p1_

You can not get online manuals as Deere copyrights their manuals and they will protect those copyrights by their legal department.

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
Buying a Technical Service manual for your tractor is one of the smartest investments you can make. Often, you can buy the "book" version of the Technical Service manual on Ebay as well as the CD rom of the same. These are likely used, but as long as they are the official version, who cares?

Just know that it will likely cover several models including yours, just read the description carefully. The technical service manual if the same one the dealers reference for their repair guidance so it is very detailed with wiring schematics, etc.

Also, joining GTT is a wise move and that doesn't even cost anything.:bigthumb:

:bigthumb:

Welcome to the GTT Forum. If you need help with a specific parts area just ask as there are many who are very proficient with finding parts numbers and diagrams for your use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys!

Thanks for all the very prompt and helpful replies, this seems like a really good bunch of folks to be involved with!

I guess the JD parts site take some getting used to because I'm still having a pretty hard time with it. I do a lot of tinkering with motorbikes and outboard motors so I look up a lot of parts online and the JD site has been the hardest for me to learn.

As far as the manuals go, I guess I was sort of hoping that one of you fine people would have a pdf that you could send me. While doing some preliminary searches on this site I saw where that sort of thing had happened a few times and was hoping I'd get lucky.

Cheers,
Tyler

·
Super Moderator
2,698 Posts
Hey guys!

Thanks for all the very prompt and helpful replies, this seems like a really good bunch of folks to be involved with!

I guess the JD parts site take some getting used to because I'm still having a pretty hard time with it. I do a lot of tinkering with motorbikes and outboard motors so I look up a lot of parts online and the JD site has been the hardest for me to learn.

As far as the manuals go, I guess I was sort of hoping that one of you fine people would have a pdf that you could send me. While doing some preliminary searches on this site I saw where that sort of thing had happened a few times and was hoping I'd get lucky.

Cheers,
Tyler
See if this helps navigating JD Parts: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/greentractortalk-technical-library/2331-jd-parts.html

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hooverville,

:wgtt:

I own a 2007 X304 and it is one of the models covered in the TM2308 Service Manual along with your X324...the title of that volume is "John Deere Select Series tractors x300 series" and is 452 pages long and takes 60 MB on disc for the PDF version. The investment is well worth it in my opinion as like most members here I buy this quality equipment for a long term use -- even a small dedicated mower like my X304. I also have the original owners manual that came with my tractor new, but you can read these manuals on later Deere equipment on-line as seen in posts above. That manual number is OMM153411 and here is a link to an on-line version:
OMM153411_K5

Hope this helps -- and ask any specific questions you have, folks here are knowledgeable and friendly.

Chuck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
T-Mo & Chuck;
Thanks for your replies and help - much appreciated!

Chuck;
I actually found that link to the OM yesterday afternoon and was surprised that I couldn't easily download, print it and put it in a binder. I think the more modern websites have spoiled me. I see you're also in the PNW. My family has deep roots in Whatcom and Skagit counties but I'm in the greater Seattle area now.

Cheers,
Tyler

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Tyler,

I have saved the link to the OM on my computer in my model specific folder (yes it shares with many other like files for multiple machines) but I have also been able to print out any single topic section to take out to the shop and keep all the electrons grease and grime free... :lol:

Chuck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts