Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 Series owners - I wanted to let mid-mount auto connect deck owners know that the motor that moves the deck up/down is just over $1500....I have just 60 hrs on my 2038R and the deck stopped going up and down so off to the dealer is went after I spent some time looking to see if I could tinker with it. Dealer did tell me that they have never replaced one before so I am hoping it was just a fluke. A sensor on the side the motor broke causing the motor not to work. Deere CAN NOT get just the sensor so they replaced the entire motor assy. Thankfully, it was under warranty.

Thats a lot of :gizmo: for a sensor on the side of the motor

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,983 Posts
2 Series owners - I wanted to let mid-mount auto connect deck owners know that the motor that moves the deck up/down is just over $1500....I have just 60 hrs on my 2038R and the deck stopped going up and down so off to the dealer is went after I spent some time looking to see if I could tinker with it. Dealer did tell me that they have never replaced one before so I am hoping it was just a fluke. A sensor on the side the motor broke causing the motor not to work. Deere CAN NOT get just the sensor so they replaced the entire motor assy. Thankfully, it was under warranty.

Thats a lot of for a sensor on the side of the motor
Actually, it looks like the price of the linear actuator has gone DOWN recently. It used to be around $1800 and JD Parts is currenty showing it as $1179. With the GTT discount it could be had for $1096. Still crazy expensive for a linear actuator.

Part Number:
LVA22793
Part Price: 1,179.67 USD
On Hand:
0 Check Other Stores
Description: Actuator - ACTUATOR, ACTUATOR, ELECTRIC MID MO

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I had the IDENTICAL actuator on my "C" band satellite dish,, (I am sure mine had a longer stroke)
when lightning would hit it, or water got in and it froze, replacement cost was about $100,,,:dunno:

If the sensor was the problem, my local satellite dealer gave me a replacement,,,
Near the end of the "C" band era, the actuators became so bulletproof, they never failed,,, :good2:

·
Registered
2,563 Posts

Thats a lot of :gizmo: for a sensor on the side of the motor
Oh they can get it, but they do not want to get it. If they were not pr!cks and did not take the part number off you may be able to source it individually in the event of a failure after warranty..

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
The price isn’t out of control if it cost you nothing under warranty.
Just wait until they start replacing DPF's :banghead: :laugh:

·
Premium Member
10,983 Posts
The price isn’t out of control if it cost you nothing under warranty.
That's correct... NOW. But 4-6 years from now when these computer controlled mechanisms are out of warranty and start failing folks will be crying the blues. I'm not particularly impressed with the new electric mower lift arrangement, a hydraulic cylinder is bad enough.

·
Premium Member
10,983 Posts
Just wait until they start replacing DPF's :banghead: :laugh:
Currently $1268 for the filter element.

Another $3655 for the Diesel Oxidation Catalyst.

Part Number:
MIU804329
Part Price: 3,655.45 USD
On Hand:
0 Check Other Stores
Description: Diesel Oxidation Catalyst - DIESEL OXIDATION CATALYST, CASE, DO
Package Quantity:

They don't sell the DPF as an assembly, only parts. Probably due to the assembly costing as much as a new engine. :)

Which, in case you were wondering what a new 2038R engine cost... (a new 2032R engine is only $837 less).

Part Number:
AUC11998
Part Price: 13,676.77 USD
Core Value: (2,000.00 USD)
End Price With Core Return: 11,676.77 USD
On Hand:
0 Check Other Stores
Description: Diesel Engine - DIESEL ENGINE, DIESEL ENGINE, 3TNV8
Package Quantity:

·
Registered
12,554 Posts

Part Number:
MIU804329
On Hand:
0 Check Other Stores
Package Quantity:

They don't sell the DPF as an assembly, only parts. Probably due to the assembly costing as much as a new engine. :)

Which, in case you were wondering what a new 2038R engine cost... (a new 2032R engine is only $837 less).

Part Number:
AUC11998
On Hand:
0 Check Other Stores
Package Quantity:

That’s the point I was trying to make, only you painted a much prettier picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts

Part Number:
MIU804329
On Hand:
0 Check Other Stores
Package Quantity:

Part Number:
AUC11998
On Hand:
0 Check Other Stores
Package Quantity:

I'll stick to my little 25HP..

·
Premium Member
10,983 Posts
What? No mention of the F-F-F-FIVE Hundred dollar front fender kit?

·
Registered
12,554 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
What? No mention of the F-F-F-FIVE Hundred dollar front fender kit?
Your wish is my command!

Hit CTRL + F5 to refresh from server.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Man, youd think expensive replacement parts was a new thing.
Its not. Quite a few manufacturers are the same way.
Chrysler is pretty bad about very little aftermarket support for their smaller parts, which means dealer only and ridiculous prices like $15 (probably more now) for a pair of license plate nuts for the old Cherokees that should cost $3. Dont even get me started on the AC recharge on a newer Durango. Good grief. You think that actuator is expensive, at least you get something with moving parts that had to be assembled from a bunch of other parts.
I guess I shouldnt be, but I am still surprised by the interesting um, how to say it, disdain for Deere that pops up once in a while around here.
If guys dont like Deere, why buy them? There are PLENTY of other options...then again, I guess in 15 years when a part breaks on Deere, youll likely be able to get it.
Some others might not even still be in business.

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts
It why I work every day. Otherwise I will be the guy with a 2’ tall lawn and a broke down diesel pickup in the drive. Then I will just blame Obama and mumble something about a gimbal ratchet and low sulphur diesel to anyone who stops by.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
It why I work every day. Otherwise I will be the guy with a 2’ tall lawn and a broke down diesel pickup in the drive. Then I will just blame Obama and mumble something about a gimbal ratchet and low sulphur diesel to anyone who stops by.

:dunno:why wouldn't just fence in the yard with a couple goats-then!

hey now watch about the gimbal ratchet -ok. i'm kinda partial to them tools.:mocking::lolol:

·
Registered
255 Posts
The actuator is in a bad out in the open location and no protection, we replaced a few that were cracked in half and 2 that failed.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Called yesterday to order three glow plugs for my 2520. I'm 95% convinced that's my issue. Figured if I was all the way in there with everything disassembled, why not?

Yeah, the $200 with tax per plug is why not!!! Looks like I'll only be replacing the ones that need attention. :flag_of_truce::flag_of_truce::unknown::unknown::gizmo::gizmo::gizmo::munch:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts