Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the PEC system. It works well for me and overall, i don't really have any complaints since I've been using it.
However, on two occasions now, i have had one side of my box blade jump out of the jaw/cradle on the PEC. Today was the second time it's happened to me, and the first time its broke the tension spring while doing it. Both times its happened, is when i'm pulling snow and one side of the box blade rides up over some snow, and the other side remains lower to the ground.

I looked on their website and didn't see anything about being able to purchase spare parts. Any info on that? Otherwise i'm gonna run to the hardware store and source my own.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I have thought about it being possible for a stick (or snow!?? :dunno: ) possibly pushing on the latch, opening it,, :flag_of_truce:

I have never seen it happen, it just seems possible,,

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Why not give them a call? I’m guessing they will be more than happy to help you with any parts you may need.

Their phone number is on this page

Pat's 3 PointHitch system
Well, gave them a call. The guy at that number, gave me another phone number, for a lady named Vicki. Very nice woman. She is sending me a pair (comes in pack of 2) of springs, free of charge and ASAP. How about that?!?!:bigthumb:
Meanwhile, the 4 heavy duty zip ties i have holding everything closed, are doing a fantastic job so far. Just makes swapping between the boxblade and rear blade, a slow process.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have thought about it being possible for a stick (or snow!?? :dunno: ) possibly pushing on the latch, opening it,, :flag_of_truce:

I have never seen it happen, it just seems possible,,
Definitely not a stick pushing on it. I can't really see how snow would do it either
I have seen on a couple occasions, where the security latch swings by itself, away from over the top of the spring loaded latch, where it once was. I have also noticed that same security latch getting bent up out of shape before, most likely from the spring loaded latch pounding into it. I wish there was a way to lock that swinging security latch in position.

Reactions: ColonyPark

·
Registered
23,092 Posts
Well, gave them a call. The guy at that number, gave me another phone number, for a lady named Vicki. Very nice woman. She is sending me a pair (comes in pack of 2) of springs, free of charge and ASAP. How about that?!?!:bigthumb:
Meanwhile, the 4 heavy duty zip ties i have holding everything closed, are doing a fantastic job so far. Just makes swapping between the boxblade and rear blade, a slow process.
Great! I’ve dealt with Pat’s before and I knew they would take care of you.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Parts from Pats showed up today. Apparently you get a whole parts kit, I was only expecting the springs, but the spares will find a home in the tool box. Hopefully i can figure out how to repair it without messing it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Finally got around to fixing this. I'd been running around with 4 HD cable ties holding the lever down for the last couple weeks, with my box blade semi permanently attached.
Pretty simple.
Drove out the 5/16" roll pin, removed the lever with broken spring attached. Removed the fencing clip that retains the spring to the lever. Then reinstalled the new parts (fencing clip and spring). Put lever back into the main channel, drove the roll pin back in, and then stretched the spring out to the cotter key, with a pair of needle nose pliers. Voila.....

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts