Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't have Pats easy change so I am curious if you can move them with your hand at all? Another question are the turnbuckles tightened? What size tractor would help for others that may have the some issue.

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts
I have no experience with the PEC system, but user/member Roy Jackson does, hopefully he will see this or you can PM him.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes every thing is tight .I have these on my 2720 , took all screws and u bolts out lastnight but seem to flop around ,didn't have time to play with them but will try in a couple days. Also might call Pat's.
BTW when bolts and screws are tightend you can't move them at all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I purchased a set of these but when I raise and lower the 3 point they change pitch sideways???? any input ?
The 4 bolts on each one are for controlling this. Set your 3pt arms level. Set the plate steel of the 3pt arms to be perfectly vertical. Now use the 4 bolts on each PEC piece to get them plumb both level and vertical. That should take care of it.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I know this is an old thread, I came across it while researching Pat's Easy Change Hitch.

Isn't what the OP describing just the nature of the 3 PT hitch arc? The arms are moving not the PEC. The PEC are just following the arms.

I assume this is why all the links have articulating balls in them.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I know this is an old thread, I came across it while researching Pat's Easy Change Hitch.

Isn't what the OP describing just the nature of the 3 PT hitch arc? The arms are moving not the PEC. The PEC are just following the arms.

I assume this is why all the links have articulating balls in them.
I believe that you are correct. I have always thought that they were designed that way in order to give greater ground clearance when raised all of the way up. Just a little tilt forward raises the back of a long implement considerably. Then when you lower it back to working position it is level again. This lessens the need to adjust the top link so much. At least that makes sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,909 Posts
The 3PH draft arms don't usually stay at true vertical when moved through the full range of lift. The ball sockets accommodate this movement to keep the implement level at the pins. When you install the Pat's Easy Change latches they pin through the ball socket but the lock screws and u-bolts are tightened to match the attitude of the latch to the draft arm. You effectively lose the ability of the ball socket to rotate and keep the implement pin at a 90* angle to the draft arm. This is the issue that you're experiencing. It's a limitation of the system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts