Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick hitch from Rural King. For my box blade and carry all it works great. However for attachments that are not qh compatible it’s a real pain to have to remove it then hook up the brush hog and landscape rake etc. my intentions were to have all qh compatible implements but sometimes you acquire implements that just aren’t and that you can’t pass up. I’m thinking of buying the Pats qh because I feel like it will be functional for all my implements and I’ll never have to remove it. Before I spend the $$ am I missing something. I know I’ll have to hook up the top link for each piece of equipment but that doesn’t bother me. It’s the lift arms that are a real pain. Plus having to remove and install the RK qh is making implement swaps not very quick. Any advice or experience with this would be appreciated. Would be using on a 2018 2025R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,574 Posts
I had the Pat’s system for years - works as advertised and is built like a tank. You won’t go wrong with it.

The only reason I changed to an iMatch was I got a great deal on it and was able to offset the cost by selling my Pat’s setup. I got to the point a few years ago where each dismount and mount on my tractor was becoming increasingly difficult. The iMatch saved me a trip or 2. Otherwise I would never have changed.

·
Registered
437 Posts
it will be functional for all my implements and I’ll never have to remove it. Before I spend the $$ am I missing something. I know I’ll have to hook up the top link for each piece of equipment but that doesn’t bother me. It’s the lift arms that are a real pain. Plus having to remove and install the RK qh is making implement swaps not very quick. Any advice or experience with this would be appreciated. Would be using on a 2018 2025R.

:thumbup1gif:I think you're right on track in your reasoning. Pat's fits every attachment, old or new and is just as easy to use if not easier in my book. I have been using Pat's on the last two tractors and have never regretted buying them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Used pat's for four years

I love it. I got to the point where i can't horse around the equipment anymore. It works as advertised. The top link position varies from piece to piece, it's easier to hook up by rocking after grabbing the lower pins.

·
Corndog Hater
11,302 Posts
I had, err have (it’s still in the barn) a Harbor Freight QH. My attachments are mostly from Tractor Supply and not QH compatible. I bought the Pat’s system a couple years ago and wished I had bought it first. It’s great

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I see one in my future for sure

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I'd like a pats.....just for when the driveline is too long and not able to shorten as well as not IMatch comPATable.:banghead:

If they were on the shelf for sale I'd have a set already...I hate waiting for what I could use today.

·
Registered
21,574 Posts
I'd like a pats.....just for when the driveline is too long and not able to shorten as well as not IMatch comPATable.:banghead:

If they were on the shelf for sale I'd have a set already...I hate waiting for what I could use today.
With just a quick search it looks like some farm supply stores have them like Rural King, Tractor Supply, Agri Supply, etc...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the Pat's and love them. Much of my equipment wasn't/isn't iMatch or other quick hitch type capable without tons of modifications, if at all. I frequently use my post hole digger, and Pat's works on it also where no other type will. Most of the implements I use need pto power, so even with another hitch I'd still have to get off of the tractor. Maybe if I mainly used blades or non powered equipment I'd feel differently.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have a Speeco QH occupying space in my BIL's barn, abandoned in place after I purchased and installed my Pat's ECS several years ago.

Brian

I had, err have (it’s still in the barn) a Harbor Freight QH. My attachments are mostly from Tractor Supply and not QH compatible. I bought the Pat’s system a couple years ago and wished I had bought it first. It’s great

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've never owned or tried the Pats hitch.

I bought the Agri Supply QH years ago and adapted ALL my equipment to fit it. There was a time I could back it up to 90% of my stuff and hook up without leaving the seat. I mounted a frame to hold a cooler behind me now so I have to dismount every time to latch the lower links and sometimes adjust the top link length. As I type this it just occurred to me I could leave the lift link latches closed and just back up and raise the hitch to engage them. :banghead:

Adapting some of the equipment took time and ingenuity but it was a one time thing. On the equipment that had a single angled support going to the rear I had to add or replace it with dual supports to get it out of the way of the top hook. Some of these I had to make new supports from flat bar.

Both of my mowers require a little different connection on the top link but neither are that much trouble to deal with. My finish mower requires the use of an adapter that I leave connected to the hitch and just pivot it forward when not in use. I adapted everything to my hitch with the hook in the lowest position so I can swing the adapter over and leave the hook on when I'm using the mower. My brush mower rarely gets used and when it does I pull the hook pins and slide it up on the top link pin of the mower and just put the top hook pin in to allow it to float.

I can't imagine the Pats system being any more convenient that what I have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts