Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it mater which conector you hook the return line to on the back of the tractor? Would it mater which way the flow is on the backhoe?

·
Premium Member
14,751 Posts
Male line to female connector and female line to male connector.

Can only hook up one way.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran 2 new lines to the pb i am not. Shure if i have them hooked to the proper fitting one is for hyd in and one is hyd out will it matter which one go's where?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
If you run the oil backwards through the valve, the BH will kinda try to work.
certain valve positions will seem to lockup.

Also, the valves beyond the PB will not function. there is no oil going to them.

ONLY one way is correct to connect a PB valve, the same for a non PB open center valve.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
The first photo shows the way i set it up but i am not sure if it is right or not for the backhoe i am thinking of installing
Have you run it yet? If you have and not functioning correctly reverse the lines. If it works right you are good to go.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
Does it mater which conector you hook the return line to on the back of the tractor? Would it mater which way the flow is on the backhoe?
Yes, it does matter.
The bracket that holds the couplers (on the tractor side) has sticker showing the IN and OUT, but I couldn't find a picture showing that.

I believe the top line #1 will be the OUT (flow from the pump) and #13 will be the IN (back to the rockshaft). Hopefully someone can verify.

0001352112____________A1.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
The first photo shows the way i set it up but i am not sure if it is right or not for the backhoe i am thinking of installing
Actually, neither of your drawings are technically correct. The top port of the tractor rear PB is pressure that comes from the SVC PB port. The bottom port of the rear PB feeds pressure and flow to the rockshaft control valve.

The rear PB return is only a true return if you are not lifting with the 3-point rockshaft. If you are lifting the 3-point, there is actually pressure builds in this line because it is the feed line for the rockshaft lift.
The reason JD can do this is, the rear PB is designed to work with the BH. When the BH is attached, the 3-point is removed so there is no way to lift the rockshaft under pressure with the BH attached.

So, what does this mean. You can use the top PB port of the rear PB to feed a 3rd SCV and use the bottom rear PB port for the 3rd SCV return as long as you are not lifting anything with the rockshaft. If you lift with the 3 point, the system will build pressure on the return of the 3rd SCV which can cause unintentional movement of cylinders that are connected to the 3rd SCV.

Because if this, the 3rd SCV should be set up with a PB beyond port and an isolated return. Most valves are designed to be set up with PB. You would want to run the 3rd SCV PB line to the bottom port of the tractor rear PB. The return from the 3rd SCV would have to be connected with a separate line to a new user installed tee in the return line from the main SCV.

I attached a mocked up hydraulic schematic which shows the tractor hydraulics with an added 3rd SCV and a picture of where the return tee would need to be installed. It may be possible to change the hydraulic adapter at the transmission where this return line connects to a tee (see picture). If it is possible to change this adapter to a tee, this would eliminate the need to cut the OEM return line.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
The top line (hard line) is supply and connects under the loader handle. The lower (rubber line) is return and connects to the fitting under the seat. I learned first hand the other day when I forgot to install the back lines that loop the other day and started the tractor to check for leaks on the new power beyond I just installed :banghead: it was a gusher shooting out the back!

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
The top line (hard line) is supply and connects under the loader handle. The lower (rubber line) is return and connects to the fitting under the seat. I learned first hand the other day when I forgot to install the back lines that loop the other day and started the tractor to check for leaks on the new power beyond I just installed :banghead: it was a gusher shooting out the back!
I wouldn't think it should have been a "gusher shooting out the back". The PB lines have quick connects on them with check balls. The check balls should have locked the oil in which would have caused the hydraulics to be on relief when you started the engine without the jumper hose connected.
Wandering if you have a leaking PB quick connect.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I did not have the rear hose connected at all or the quick connect so the 2 fittings on the back were open. A few scoops of oil dry and all is good.

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
I did not have the rear hose connected at all or the quick connect so the 2 fittings on the back were open. A few scoops of oil dry and all is good.
Got it!!

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
Without seeing your setup it's hard to say Rick.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is there a constant flow threw the 3d valve? (I use the valve to control my grapple) or only when in use like opening and closing my grapple?

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
Yes Rick, the Power Beyond loop is flowing the full flow from the hydraulic pump anytime the engine is running, this is how an "open center" system works. Interrupting that flow for long periods can damage your pump.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is the flow restricted if i have the pb hooked up backwords? (With the loop hooked up) i have the hard lines to the pb backwords and from there to my inlet for a the 3d valve so there should be a flow to my 3d valve then the rock shaft

1 - 20 of 39 Posts