Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know PBR is just an ordinary beer but I like it. I would always pick some up when in the USA. I was feeling good about my last box I brought home until I was in my local beer store and see they now sell it here, brewed under liscence in Ontario. Hmmm, I have some cooling in the fridge so we'll see if it is the same. Somehow it doesn't feel the same without bringing it home from a trip. :)

uploadfromtaptalk1390676976625.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I've always like PBR, be it the beer, or the bull riders! :fed:

Let us know if it is the same. I used to drink LaBatt's Blue when I was in Canada. Found it in a store in the States and bought a case of it. It was a very different beer than what I had up north. I've often wondered about the real reasoning of why they do that. :question: :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm only two cans into the case and I have to say the Canadian brewery got it right, tastes like the real American PBR and good enough for a couple more before the night's done.

We don't see Labatt's Blue in Alberta any more. That was one of my Favorite beer when I was a teenager.

:drinks:

·
8,558 Posts
I drank more cases of Labatt's Blue than I can count, in Vacouver, as well as Saskatoon. When I wasn't drinking Labatt's, and I was in Canada, I was drinking hard liquor! :drinks:

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I drank more cases of Labatt's Blue than I can count, in Vacouver, as well as Saskatoon. When I wasn't drinking Labatt's, and I was in Canada, I was drinking hard liquor! :drinks:

I would imagine that after drinking just one case, counting might be a problem and probably, trying to do most anything else.:tongue:

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
I used to be a big PBR guy. It was my go- to for a long time.

Then they changed it. People have argued this with me, but I've drank enough PBR (bottles, not cans) that I swear it's true. When they changed the packaging that the bottles came in, they changed the beer. It got lighter, less flavor. I would drive across town to find it in the old package, and when that ran out I gave up on PBR.

I wonder if the Canadian version is different than the new PBR? My choice beer now is Lone Star, but it takes a road trip to find any of it.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't compare to the "original" PBR in bottles but I like bottled beer better than cans in any brand.

I got to enjoy Lone Star when we were in San Antonio a while ago and liked it a lot.

The best beer is the cold one in my hand.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
155 Posts
My favorite is "OPB".

Other People's Beer. :drinks:

·
Administrator
17,945 Posts

·
8,558 Posts