Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
From the information I have, a casting with Model NO 520 is a 30, 40, 50 or 55.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I tend to agree with ChrisR I'd say you have neither a D63 or D65, based on the info in the link below.

Identification Help

Your tractor is in pretty decent shape! Definitely restoreable, just watch the castings at the hitch as they appear to be cracked and might need a little attention.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh goodness. I thought I had it figured out -- guess not! Thanks for the replies!

I'm trying to figure out if this thing is worth restoring or not. What's it worth just like this? Thanks so much for any help!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Oh goodness. I thought I had it figured out -- guess not! Thanks for the replies!

I'm trying to figure out if this thing is worth restoring or not. What's it worth just like this? Thanks so much for any help!
What are your plans for it after it is restored? If you are planning on selling it, it may not be worth restoring. There were alot of that style pedal tractor made & still seam to be alot of them around.
Checking Ebay sold listings for that model will give you an idea.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, but what do I have exactly? I've read the attachment -- I'm just the daughter of the tractor guy -- and can't make heads or tails of it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
With the above photo you posted of the castings, you have a Model 520 which could represent a 30, 40, or 50 series of tractors. To my limited knowledge the only thing that separated the series were the hood decal design. the 30 was a plain yellow tape, the 40 had some black striping, the 50 series had more black striping and a headlight decal for across the front of the hood.

See here for the variation.

https://beonlinewebhosting.com/web/products.php?siteid=313&productid=102785

https://beonlinewebhosting.com/web/products.php?siteid=313&productid=102784

https://beonlinewebhosting.com/web/products.php?siteid=313&productid=102783

I'm interested to learn if there is a discerning factor other than the decals which made them "series" identifiable.

I restored the one that was given to me as a child (30 series). I could have bought a brand new die-cast pedal tractor at our local dealership for what I had into the parts and paint, not counting the labor, but it was mine. I remember receiving it as a Christmas present 36 years ago and all the fun and memories it has brought to me to this day as the next generation plays on it, so I'm not a good model to follow as there is too much sentimental value involved. Prices vary, I'd check out ebay and craigslist to gather a range, the Model 520 regardless of series do seem plentiful.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
What it is saying is that it could be any of those models, 30, 40 or 50. Since it has a plastic seat, it most likely came with the 40 or 50 decals with the black bars.
But you could install what ever decals you want to & be OK.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Ok, but what do I have exactly? I've read the attachment -- I'm just the daughter of the tractor guy -- and can't make heads or tails of it.
Looking at the front part it looks like it has a place for headlights so I would go with the 50/55 and yes I would re-store it. I re-stored a wide front end one a couple yeas ago and it was well worth it. I had fun doing it. I think I had about 130 dollars in it plus my time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts