Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
17,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as part of my job-I often have to power remote sites that have lost power after storms to keep telephone/data services up and running. Someone has to do it right?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351627610.839327.jpg

Now, this particular site is on a major road in Harford County Maryland, there are a few car dealers, convenience stores, restaurants and a tractor dealer. What brand of tractors? Could I be lucky enough to be across from a John Deere dealer so I could check out all the new models? Of course not, this is what I have to look at for hours on end:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351628203.949674.jpg

Of course I am joking...I am just bored sitting here so I thought I would have a little fun. At least the nearby cell site is up and running so I can use my 3G iPad or I would go stir crazy.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,899 Posts
So, do you just hook up and kick back? Seems like it would get old real fast.

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
Kenny,
I have been seeing and reading the reports of how bad this storm as been, but that second picture really brings it home. A storm really has to be devastating to turn tractors into ugly orange hunks of metal and plastic.

·
Administrator
17,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Administrator
17,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kenny,
I have been seeing and reading the reports of how bad this storm as been, but that second picture really brings it home. A storm really has to be devastating to turn tractors into ugly orange hunks of metal and plastic.
Thanks for the chuckle:lol:

·
Premium Member
14,721 Posts
Kennyd maybe they'll make you a great deal to trade your JD for a new one ...haha.. Like you would trade..
Never had the change to power the remote sites since I was a system tech and not splicer. Oh well those were the days ,at lot of long days put in after a major storm. Remember them very well. Flood of 78 and 85 ,major ice storm southern part of the state ,can't remember the yr .. Being a system tech wasn't sent out of town much after 1990.

Have fun ,be careful and be sure to get your rest..

·
Registered
11,899 Posts
It's like working for the government.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts