Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased one of these grapples for my 2012, 1023 from Mark at ITA and must say I'm very pleased with what I got. Shipping was fast and the instructions were very well written.
I didn't know what to expect cause I've been wanting a grapple for quite a while but all were to expensive for my needs. I needed one for moving a lot of brush and cut logs. I hadn't posted here for a while cause nothing has really been going on with me and my tractor but I was doing a google search for grapples and this tread popped up. Glad it did! I've had a few conversations with Mark in the last couple of days and he is one nice person to talk too. Here are a couple of pictures of my set-up and a short video. It didn't take long to get the hang of the controls.

[video]http://public.fotki.com/Claudester/tractor/quick-hitch-1.html[/video]

·
Registered
517 Posts
very nice!.. Love your entire set up..

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Myself and my neighbor each purchased one for our 455 & 445 respectively a year ago. I just used mine again the other day. Even with GT hydraulics, it is surprisingly the size of wood it will handle.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
How much does the unit weight? The cost makes it an interesting devise for what little I would need or use it for.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
How much does the unit weight? The cost makes it an interesting devise for what little I would need or use it for.
With the hydraulic cylinder, I can carry it with one hand. It does require the Front Quick Hitch and it does not include the hydraulic cylinder. They state it is only compatible with a Quick Hitch that has the angling cylinder (for plow or broom angle), what the Craig's Listing posting refers to as the 4-way. You are to remove that cylinder from the Quick Hitch and attach it to the grapple to serve the jaw. It works fine with the standard front Quick Hitch, but you have to supply the cylinder and hoses for the jaw. Though I have the angling cylinder, I just purchased another cylinder kit that is permanently installed on the Grapple. It seems like a lot of putsing to move the angling cylinder. I see the price has increased since I purchased.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
As I've been getting educated on Artilian products, I'm thinking I'm going to go with a set of their forks and the grapple option they have for the fork frame. It includes the cylinder and hoses. By the time you add a dedicated cylinder to this Grapple, you're about the same money. Of course, being able to raise it more than a few inches off the ground, with the FEL, would be a big plus. However, if you don't have a FEL, this does work well for moving wood around.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found the web site and his name is Mark. I am very pleased with the unit.
I can't believe how something so small can pick up what it does.

Here's the link to his site.

innovtracattach.com

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Just the right size for your tractor.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Is it easy to see what you are doing? Looks like its pretty well hidden by the front of the tractor from the seating position.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
IMHO...
I was on the outset excited about this newer grapple option but after doing some man math and logic thinking (god that hurts) I'm beginning to question myself....

As there's no hydraulic cylinder to open and close the unit I figured about $900 dollars for the unit, cylinder and misc fittings and hoses(SWAG on cylinder and hose cost) and this gets me a unit that requires removal of my FEL to use but thats not a big deal as I would need the GD's anyway for hookup. (And I have the JD quick connect from my snow blower) but if you don't maybe another $500-600??. So its between $900 to $1,500 depending on what you have.

Going to the Artillion Grapple I would need the Divereter kit $688 and their grapple at $985 that hooks to my FEL (I have their forks already but that is $620 for frame only) So depending on your requirements a $1675 to $2295 investment.

For me it would be the difference of $900 (Not including ordering of misc pieces and manufacture of hyd parts and assy time) vs $1675(diverter kit install time) but the biggest advantage is the direct FEL hookup and be able to gain height advantage over the other. Plus known quality and support

What are the thoughts of others on my logic to this quandary!!

·
Administrator
18,527 Posts
What are the thoughts of others on my logic to this quandary!!
Once you start using a real grapple on the loader-and you see the versatility and convenience in it, the big smile on your face will allow any thoughts of regrets over the money spent to escape.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts