Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
I don't care for it. Too light duty to sacrifice the truck bed space for the hitch when a bumper pull could do the same job.

Seems high, but that could be location. Down here I can get a 24', 14,000 lb trailer for about $3-3,500. Can't see $2600 for something not even half the capacity.

Nice color scheme though! :)

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
Pretty short bed for a tandem.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
Too short to be useful; but at least the chances of anyone wanting to borrow it are slim due to the gooseneck hitch.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would be good for me. If it would hold the 1025. I already have a goose neck hitch so that's not an issue either. I would bet it is an old horse trailer, and yes the price is high. I'd offer so much less that I think they hang up on me. The paint job is cool, be great if I had an antique machine to pull with it.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I think it was meant for a skid steer. Likely works good for that app. Too short for much else.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

·
Administrator
18,266 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,759 Posts
In my experience, that trailer always has broken lights, bad brakes and a flat tire. You're welcome to dragi it out of the weeds where it's been for 6 years and use it though! :laugh:
Hell I've had those kind of my own. That's the point. You just need to find someone that uses his all the time.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,759 Posts
Yeah, but that guy is always using it so you can't borrow it! :laugh:

I just bought my own. :)
Did the same years past. I think a gave my last one away.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Trailers SUCK!

Why? My experience has been that 90% of their life,, they're unused, or in storage. 3% of their life, they are borrowed! 4% of their life, They are used...... 100% of the time, Lights, Tires, brakes are in need of care, when you want to use it (4% of the time)!........... Wait! Do those numbers 'add'-up'? :laugh: ~Scotty

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Why? My experience has been that 90% of their life,, they're unused, or in storage. 3% of their life, they are borrowed! 4% of their life, They are used...... 100% of the time, Lights, Tires, brakes are in need of care, when you want to use it (4% of the time)!........... Wait! Do those numbers 'add'-up'? :laugh: ~Scotty
Not quite... :thumbup1gif:

I get your point, though... And, that's EXACTLY why I sold my 18' 10k trailer. I bought it and sold it after owning it about 50 weeks total. I put about 1000 miles on it, mostly hauling firewood in log lengths and moved my tractor exactly once. The good news for me is that the price I got when I bought it was very good because it was a leftover. The new ones have a significantly higher cost because of freight to get them to my area, and I ended up selling mine for only a few hundred less than I paid for it new.

I won't tie my money up in a trailer like that again as it gets almost zero use. I'll pay delivery charges or to have my tractor transported if I need to. And, I won't have a gigantic dead spot in my lawn. :)

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
And, I forgot to mention..........

......the Resistration cost, every year!!!!! In NYS, it's not insignificant.......... :) ~Scotty

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
It all depends. I couldn't be without my big flatbed. If I'm not using my tractor on our property, I'm taking it to work on one of the horse farms. Same with hay, it's not uncommon to need to run 100 bales here or there. Since I shut down my last business and sold some equipment I got rid of the 14K loboy I used for moving my forklift. At one point I had 4 trailers of my own, and usually two or three more I was working on. Right now I'm down to the 14k gooseneck and a 3 horse that I just picked up.

......the Resistration cost, every year!!!!! In NYS, it's not insignificant.......... :) ~Scotty
Fortunately in TN, it's non-existant. :)

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Ford--------

I guess this is just 'Frustration'!!!!! Lights, Tires, Registration etc. I've got a nice 16' Aluminum Trition Trailer. Not without the frustration mentioned above. ~Scotty

1 - 19 of 19 Posts