Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 1025R
I busted a hydraulic hose yesterday in the woods.
Snapped at the elbow fitting on the left side of the steering cylinder.
No dealer I called has it in stock and no hydraulic shops within 50 miles.
I ended up ordering a new hose from a dealer.

I'd like to see a photo of the orientation of the elbow fitting in the steering cylinder.
When I got mine apart to remove the broke piece I screwed the elbow back in and when tight the hose will be pointing down towards the ground. More vulnerable.

Not critical but if someone has a chance to show me a photo of how it mates up from the factory I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After some more searching it looks like that elbow should have a jam nut that allows the elbow to be positioned how ya want it.
I do not remember any jam nut on mine. Just threads in to the steering cylinder and the o ring was recessed in the end of the elbow.
I need to ride back over to the property and look some more.
Maybe the jam nut is laying in the pine straw.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,109 Posts
If the fitting broke at the cylinder I would expect the jam nut to still be on the hose end or cylinder unless it was broken off when fractured.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Corkpuller,

This is what my 2014 1025R looks like. I not 100 percent sure this is factory as I'm the second owner. You can also see that the previous owner added a worm clamp because of some abrasion on the one hose. There does appear to be a jam nut under the fitting on the cylinder. Let me know if you need another angle. Both photos taken from the left side of the tractor.

Reactions: wildbranch2007

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellers!
The inner tubing of the hose broke about an 1/8-1/4" from the elbow fitting. The part that seats into the fitting.
I'm gonna go look again after lunch.

·
Premium Member
11,917 Posts
Here is a screen shot of the fittings and their part numbers and the O-rings on the fittings. As you likely know, both flexible lines are the same part number and the fittings on either end of the cylinder are also the same number as are the O rings on the fittings.

Screenshot_2021-04-02 John Deere Parts Catalog.png

·
Premium Member
11,917 Posts
Any dealer should have the fittings in stock as they are used in over 1,400 different applications on John Deere equipment. Check out the screen shot from the part number when searched for cross references in the Deere parts system.....

Screenshot_2021-04-02 John Deere Parts Catalog(1).png

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You would think Sully, but not the case. Elbow fitting would have to be ordered as well. Only thing they had in stock I need is the o ring.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to put anybody out.
My elbow fitting has the jam nut. I suppose from the dirt and what not, the jam nut looked like part of the cast fitting itself yesterday, or maybe my mind was more focused on the concrete crew pouring the slab for my "long time coming" new shop!!

Thanks and y'all have a blessed Easter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts