Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had the itch to get another tractor so I found a 1958 JD 620 and scooped it up. I might be going to jail though because I’m pretty sure I stole this thing! Paint is decent, wide front, full 3 point..... it runs a bit rough right after start up but a carb job should take care of that, runs smooth after a minute. Clutch needs adjusting and other minor fixes.

The guy said he traded a motorcycle for it a year ago and has just driven it up and down the road a couple times and that’s it. He threw in the original narrow front end and a redone JD 3 point 3 bottom plow. He originally wanted $4k but I got him down to $3400!

I’ll have to put rear tires on it and get the repairs done but I thought that was a steal with the plow and narrow front thrown in....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
:bigthumb: Nice I would say it was a good deal.

·
Registered
11,250 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. Looks like a straight tractor.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And I went to put the plow down off the 3 point, heard a “pop”, and saw hydraulic fluid pouring down the side of the tractor.... blew a hose under the foot platform....aaaarrrrrggggghhhh!!!!!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
And I went to put the plow down off the 3 point, heard a “pop”, and saw hydraulic fluid pouring down the side of the tractor.... blew a hose under the foot platform....aaaarrrrrggggghhhh!!!!!
Well since I’m such a nice guy I’ll tell you what I’ll do. I’ll give you what you paid for it and take it off your hands.

The 620 is on my want list. Used to bale hay for my great uncle with his and a 14T baler.

That looks like a nice example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11,672 Posts
:bigthumb: the price u paid sounds very fair. plus the plow and narrow front end. to bad i'm not closer so i can enjoy it with ya!:laugh:

·
Administrator
20,290 Posts
Sweet!!!!

The 620 is a really nice tractor. Yours looks to be in excellent shape. :greentractorride: :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Nice find! :thumbup1gif:

I grew up on a 58-720D ES & a 53-60, also owned a 58-520 for several years. I'd take the 20 series over the 30 series any day, 30's are too rounded! :banghead: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts