Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2018 JD 1025R and bought the blade from a friend for $150. It's a 6' blade and fits on the quick-hitch, lifts easily, and drags across dry ground okay. But the tractor's hydraulics seem to whine quite a bit when I'm driving with the blade attached, so I'm wondering if the whine is normal or the blade is too heavy for the tractor. Experienced advice, please. Thanks.

(Indy and Anna from Indiana approve)

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Whining when carrying the blade or pulling it? Looks like it should be well within 3 pt lift specs, so that shouldn't be an issue to carry.

If its whining when you're pulling it, 6 ft is a big bite. My 3038e notices the strain pulling a 6 ft blade full of dirt and definitely whines a little. Hydrostats whine when loaded, in my experience.

As long as you're not lugging the engine, I don't think it's a problem.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
If this is happening with the blade all the way up. Lower the blade about an inch. About 1/4" down movement on the control lever.

Like said also with the forward or reverse foot peddle all the way down, wide open either direction, there will be a bit of load noise.

Reactions: JD4044M

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whining when carrying the blade or pulling it? Looks like it should be well within 3 pt lift specs, so that shouldn't be an issue to carry.

If its whining when you're pulling it, 6 ft is a big bite. My 3038e notices the strain pulling a 6 ft blade full of dirt and definitely whines a little. Hydrostats whine when loaded, in my experience.

As long as you're not lugging the engine, I don't think it's a problem.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
From what I've read and heard, 5' is recommended for this tractor. I suppose I could torch off 6" on either end.

·
Read Only
68 Posts
You should be okay, once you put it a 45 degree angle, the length will seem normal. I bought a 60" to use behind my 4100 (sold), and once I tried it out seemed too narrow when angled, was able to take it back and get the 72". If lugging somewhat maybe just a littler bite.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
High or low range?

Reactions: jdforever
1 - 7 of 7 Posts