Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered something last week which shipped on Friday and was supposed to be delivered today. It was going to require a signature but I had to be at a customer today and wouldn't be here to sign for it. Stupid job! :lol: So, I got on FedEx's website and changed the delivery option to be dropped off at a local Kinko's where I could sign for it and pick it up. Finished up at the customer a little early, stopped by the house, grabbed my receiver rack and headed into town....

Got it home and snapped a few pics. First thing I noticed was how well it was packed - double bands, staples, glue, heavy-duty cardboard.
20150317_140447_640x360.jpg

Even the inside was packed well! Padding in the box to keep it from shifting.
20150317_141039_640x360.jpg

Plus, protective tape! WOW!!
20150317_141211_640x360.jpg

I haven't mounted this to my tractor yet, but I will say that this frame is a work of art!! The welds are all nice and the powder coating is beautiful. You can tell that a lot of thought and engineering went into building this. I didn't buy any forks for it (yet :laugh:) as my intention is to use this as a base for a couple of other projects I'm working on. I was originally going to just buy one of the "For your JDQA Projects" frames on Artillian's website but after talking with Chris I decided to pony up the extra money to buy the fork frame instead. I'll be honest - it didn't take a lot of arm twisting for me to make my decision. I'd eventually like to get a set of forks and if Chris ever turns the much discussed G R A P P L E into a reality instead of a fantasy, I'll have the frame for it. :thumbup1gif: Going this route will require a change of thinking and design for my project, but I think it was a good decision.

Did any of you eagle-eyed GTT readers notice in the second picture that there was another box nestled inside the fork frame? hmmmm, I wonder what's in there? :unknown:

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
Awesome! Only having my fork set for a couple months now I still admire it every time I walk by. I agree that Chris's stuff just breaths quality.

No guess what's in the box........

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,414 Posts
Way Cool!:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've opened the second box and was once again amazed at the care Artillian puts into stuff. Even though this box was secured inside the big box, it was also taped, stapled and glued shut! I almost had to get out the big tools to open it, but my pocket knife was enough.

Gonna keep the contents a secret for now. Hoping to put it on the tractor on Friday afternoon. So... Stay tuned for the update! It will include plenty of pics!!

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
I've opened the second box and was once again amazed at the care Artillian puts into stuff. Even though this box was secured inside the big box, it was also taped, stapled and glued shut! I almost had to get out the big tools to open it, but my pocket knife was enough.

Gonna keep the contents a secret for now. Hoping to put it on the tractor on Friday afternoon. So... Stay tuned for the update! It will include plenty of pics!!
A hint would be nice - is this something you ordered or a surprise from Chris?

·
Premium Member
7,701 Posts
An Artillian hat is my guess!

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
You never get a second chance to make a first impression. :good2:

Learned that years ago and packaging is key. Items, especially heavy items. They need to be packaged tight so they don't destroy the shipping carton in transit. Additionally, the presentation when the customer opens the box. Neat, packed tight, and a goodie or two makes the impression memorable. Looks like they did a great job. :yahoo:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts

Will include pics....

Good!!!! Gizmo2 turns into a vampire at night if he don't get his daily pictures!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,112 Posts
:munch:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Thanks everyone. :thumbup1gif:

Yes, packaging probably accounts for about a third of the effort of what a company like this takes to operate. It requires the same amount of attention as the product itself to be done properly. These sorts of things rarely get appreciated, so thanks much for the recognition. I'll be sure to pass this along to my guy Tom, who's responsible for much of that work.

:bigbeer:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've posted this pic before, but here's how my Titan/Palletforks dot com "project plate" arrived. Just a bit of difference between them and you! :yahoo:

Pic01.jpg

Notice the packing tape at the bottom corners - trying to hold it all together! :lol:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Congrats on getting your forks! I got mine 2 1/2 months ago and haven't unpacked them yet. :hide:
I think this dictates you remove them from your signature until they're unpacked and assembled-ready to use.:lolol:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
I've posted this pic before, but here's how my Titan/Palletforks dot com "project plate" arrived. Just a bit of difference between them and you! :yahoo:

View attachment 42248

Notice the packing tape at the bottom corners - trying to hold it all together! :lol:

What a waste of perfectly good cardboard.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
I think this dictates you remove them from your signature until they're unpacked and assembled-ready to use.:lolol:
Or you could just send them to me, I let them out so they can :kidw_truck_smiley:

:lolol:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Headed out to the garage in a few minutes to unpack the smaller box. If all goes well I will have something good to report this evening.

Wish me luck!! If there's a way for a project to go wrong, I usually find it!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,414 Posts
Headed out to the garage in a few minutes to unpack the smaller box. If all goes well I will have something good to report this evening.

Wish me luck!! If there's a way for a project to go wrong, I usually find it!
What a PITA you are.:lol:
:munch:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts