Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a L120 today for my nephew. I think it's an 04 with 38 hrs on it. Hasn't run since 2010. Got it home and pulled the dash and deck off to get to the tank. Cleaned it out and put everything back together. Took the carb apart and cleaned it out. Really wasn't that bad.

Gave it a quick power wash and put in a battery off another mower to
try to start it. Dumped some gas into the carb and it fired right up. Ran like a champ. Now I will pick up a new battery and change oil and filter they deliver it to him.

Not to bad for $600 plus parts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Good deal, it should have some hours left in it!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL. I think just a few. I don't think the oil was ever changed and it still looked somewhat clean. Just a touch of dark color. Any idea on how th check the fluid in the transaxle?

I didn't get a manual with it

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
LOL. I think just a few. I don't think the oil was ever changed and it still looked somewhat clean. Just a touch of dark color. Any idea on how th check the fluid in the transaxle?

I didn't get a manual with it
Deere considered them 'sealed' and according to them and the manual they're non serviceable.

That said you can check, drain and refill them if your so inclined. This thread on another site gives the best info on servicing the Tuff Torq K46. TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures

I changed the oil in mine, replaced the filter and cleaned it up with the the help of it and my tranny still works well with almost 700 hours on it.

And a quick one on just the oil change How to do an oil change on a Tuff Torq K46 transaxle - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finished it all up today. $80 in parts to change the oil and filters with a new battery. Leveled the deck and sharpened the blades. Total $680 for a tractor with 38'hours.

·
Super Moderator
2,698 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,698 Posts
Does that offer stand if I would like a service manual for a L130?

Thanks in advance if it does!
PM me your email address. It's almost 23 meg, so be sure your email can handle that. If not, gmail can and it's free.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
PM me your email address. It's almost 23 meg, so be sure your email can handle that. If not, gmail can and it's free.
Received and able to open, thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts