Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I knew about paying for the name badge. Didn't realize same transmission in 2500 HD / Super Duty too. I was aware of 1500 / F-150 sharing.
From what I understood it was a HD version of the same joint venture 10 speed being used in the GM and Ford HD or Super duty trucks .
Last rumors' on Allison was they were seeking to partner with RAM since GM was no longer using their trans, and RAM was looking at what both ZF and Allison had to offer for the RAM HD line.
RAM being the only HD left with a 6 speed. I would expect RAM to get a new 8,9,or 10 speed trans real soon.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Got to put my new GMC multi-pro tailgate to good use tonight. Used it to haul home my BXpanded dolly for my 260B back hoe.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Took some new pics out in the sunlight last weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Made an upgrade to the GMC this weekend . Added color match fender arch moldings.
wanted to clean up the lines and improve how the tire and wheel combo looks . The black moldings make the fender openings look a lot larger then they are which I felt made my oversized tires still looked a little small .
I am very happy with the results.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just make sure to keep an eye on oil level. I’m old school and check mine every Sunday or when I travel at every fuel stop. They use a lot of oil towing. Gotta love a brand new vehicle that uses between 1.5-2.5 qts/oil change at 7500 mile intervals.

Reactions: cc1999

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Just make sure to keep an eye on oil level. I’m old school and check mine every Sunday or when I travel at every fuel stop. They use a lot of oil towing. Gotta love a brand new vehicle that uses between 1.5-2.5 qts/oil change at 7500 mile intervals.
Had not heard that about 3.0L diesel.
i knew the 5.3L gas with variable displacement was known to use some oil. Had not heard that about the new diesel.

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
They use a lot of oil towing. Gotta love a brand new vehicle that uses between 1.5-2.5 qts/oil change at 7500 mile intervals.
I cannot bring myself to run 7500 miles between oil changes on a gasser.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
I wouldn't purchase a vehicle that uses 1.5-2.5 qts of oil btw oil changes. That's crazy! I run a diesel and tow pretty much every day. It gets changed every 5k. All 13 qts of it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I took a trip from Iowa to Tennessee with my sxs and trailer. Burned 3 qts in that 1500ish mile round trip. Granted I was running 75-80 mph pretty hard...but no excuse for that.

I wouldn't purchase a vehicle that uses 1.5-2.5 qts of oil btw oil changes. That's crazy! I run a diesel and tow pretty much every day. It gets changed every 5k. All 13 qts of it.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well you guys got me curious, so I checked mine this morning.
I am at 3k miles on the truck so far.
No sign of oil consumption on mine.
Still right on the full mark.

I have towed probably 1000 of the 3000 Miles that are on it.
Mine is a 2021, I did find a forum discussion on this.

Saw this posted .
They replaced the PCV valve and it seemed to have stopped the issue so far.

·
Registered
3046R with 385a, 320R.
804 Posts
you painted those sweet red tow hooks???? how will we know its an AT4 now?

I am amazed the the price for the kicker speakers at $850 installed yet the carbon pro package is only about $1100 and it included the kickers, carbon bed, badging and full floor liners. Just makes no sense.
Im happy with my AT4 Duramax which has a whopping 110 miles on it now.... each trip I take seems to increase my tank range, its making diesel...... woot woot.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yea wasn’t a fan of the red tow hooks, lol , also didn’t care for the red GMC badges either, so I swapped it all out for black .
I really just liked the carbon pro grill, the rest just came with it. Lol

The kicker sound system in the tailgate is really not that great. You can get much much better sounding wireless Bluetooth speakers for much less then $850.
I honestly would not give $8 for them.
It was part of the carbon pro pkg so there on there.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nice looking truck,, IMO GMC for looks beats the Chevy. The last couple of years Hate the looks of the new Chevy pickups the grill just turns me off. If Chevy would give me one to drive for a year, I believe I would say NO Thank You.
I'm going to disagree. I love the look of the 19+ Silverado and dislike the look of the Sierra. The foglight cutouts and the odd fender wheelwell shape on the Sierra makes me say WTF is GMC thinking.?.? What makes me PO'ed is I usually could careless whether I have a Silverado or Sierra, but the styling is so different now that you have to take it into consideration when choosing between the two. That wouldn't be so bad, but now GM has made it where the Sierra is a noticeably better truck. Compared to Silverado the Sierra gives you unlock buttons on all 4 door handles, you get rear seat ventilation controls, you get a passanger side power seat, etc, etc. Little small things like this that Sierra gives you that even a High Country doesn't starts to add up. On top of that if you want the CarbonPro bed (Which is awesome BTW) you have to go with the Sierra. Also you can get the 3L Duramax in a AT4, but not in a Trail Boss. Again WTF is GM thinking by shorting their best selling vehicle? At least now the Silverado gets the option for the MultiPro tailgate.

With that said IMO this exact truck (Sierra AT4 CarbonPro with the Duramax) is the best overall 1/2 ton in the segment right now. I think the Sierra looks pretty decent as a Denali or AT4 with the 20" wheels. The Kirk in me wants the 6.2L, (the GEN5 6.2L's are excellent little smallblocks) but the Spock in my want the 3L Duramax. It's a great little diesel. I wouldn't even consider the V6 diesels in the F150 or Ram. I6 is the way to go IMHO.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I'm going to disagree. I love the look of the 19+ Silverado and dislike the look of the Sierra. The foglight cutouts and the odd fender wheelwell shape on the Sierra makes me say WTF is GMC thinking.?.? What makes me PO'ed is I usually could careless whether I have a Silverado or Sierra, but the styling is so different now that you have to take it into consideration when choosing between the two. That wouldn't be so bad, but now GM has made it where the Sierra is a noticeably better truck. Compared to Silverado the Sierra gives you unlock buttons on all 4 door handles, you get rear seat ventilation controls, you get a passanger side power seat, etc, etc. Little small things like this that Sierra gives you that even a High Country doesn't starts to add up. On top of that if you want the CarbonPro bed (Which is awesome BTW) you have to go with the Sierra. Also you can get the 3L Duramax in a AT4, but not in a Trail Boss. Again WTF is GM thinking by shorting their best selling vehicle? At least now the Silverado gets the option for the MultiPro tailgate.

With that said IMO this exact truck (Sierra AT4 CarbonPro with the Duramax) is the best overall 1/2 ton in the segment right now. I think the Sierra looks pretty decent as a Denali or AT4 with the 20" wheels. The Kirk in me wants the 6.2L, (the GEN5 6.2L's are excellent little smallblocks) but the Spock in my want the 3L Duramax. It's a great little diesel. I wouldn't even consider the V6 diesels in the F150 or Ram. I6 is the way to go IMHO.
I do really like the body color fender flairs, in part because it really helps tone down the somewhat odd shape Wheel well openings,
For me the Chevy deal breaker is the front fenders on the outside of the bumper.
I just can’t get past that design, hated it day 1 and still not a fan. I really liked the 14-18 Silverado.

·
Administrator
20,489 Posts
I can't understand the new "fad" of putting the mirrors on the door skins rather than in the lower front part of the window (that is just blanked off now with black plastic). One small smack of the mirror can turn into series body work now. I've noticed this on all the new GM trucks, Tahoe's, and Suburban's.

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
I can't understand the new "fad" of putting the mirrors on the door skins rather than in the lower front part of the window (that is just blanked off now with black plastic). One small smack of the mirror can turn into series body work now. I've noticed this on all the new GM trucks, Tahoe's, and Suburban's.
I was going to make the same comment.
I would be interested to hear the designer's explanation on this one.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts