Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's what I'm picking up:

Did the 20% down and 0% for 60 months. Doing all the setup myself, so I'm saving the following:

$200 tractor setup
$200 mower setup
$400 loader setup

The $800 I save basically got me the ballast and forks for free. Everything will be in crates (except for the tractor itself).

I bought my 5085M and a lot of implements from my sales guy over the last 10 years. He's very laid back. He got everything in a pile for me to come pickup in the morning. He's out tomorrow, so we'll do the paperwork next week.

I'll post up some pics once I get all the toys home on the trailer and ask questions if I run into anything unexpected.

Should be a fun weekend!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The 1025R it's a good little tractor. I owed 2 now the only problem was the drive over deck has problems it gets loose and sloppy. We change it out several times a day. It didn't work out for me. Besides that the loader was made in MEXICO not a fan. Traded it for the BX2370. Traded it in for the new BX2380 because it's More easy to get on and off of both sides. Not saying that it's any better of a tractor. Just didn't like the JD sloppy parts. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
591 Posts
I've had my 1025 TLB since early '16.
Can't believe I waited so late in life to get it.
Very happy with the size and capacity.
LOVE the quick attach aspect of the bucket/forks, FEL, backhoe and mower deck.
I remove something at least once a week.
Very happy with the cut quality of the mower too.

Enjoy your new tool and get it dirty quickly.
Remember that you MUST POST PICS of your new ride.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Awesome! You'll love your new 1025R, I just bought one December of last year and I love mine as well! Wish I had gotten the forks but actually didn't think of it then. Oh well.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got back from the dealer with my new toys:

Now the fun begins!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Nice!

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,495 Posts

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,978 Posts
CONGRATS !!! 1 observation tho. It looks like the tractor is on wrong end of trailer and w/o FEL/tines, ought to be kinda hard getting items off trailer.
OP has a 5 series as well.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, used the 5 series to unload.

All items lined up in front of shop:

But alas, I'm missing the 12 nuts to attached the brackets to the frame:

Heading back over to the dealer now. Fortunately he's only 25 minutes away.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the FEL brackets installed. It was a huge pain the the bolts included with the loader did not have the square shaft at the head, so they all rotated in the square holes in the frame when torqueing them to spec. Ended up using my 3/4" impact until they stopped turning. I know there're tight now, lol.

Also got the arm mounted for the single point hydraulic disconnect:

Unfortunately, when I added the i-Match to the 3 point hitch, I realized that both lift rods were bent:

And:

This in turns caused both lift arms to be at an angle relative to anything attached to it:

So I'll be taking those back to the dealer on Monday when I sign the paper-work and make the down payment.

·
Premium Member
2,011 Posts
Got the FEL brackets installed. It was a huge pain the the bolts included with the loader did not have the square shaft at the head, so they all rotated in the square holes in the frame when torqueing them to spec. Ended up using my 3/4" impact until they stopped turning. I know there're tight now, lol.

Also got the arm mounted for the single point hydraulic disconnect:

View attachment 781310

Unfortunately, when I added the i-Match to the 3 point hitch, I realized that both lift rods were bent:

View attachment 781311

And:

View attachment 781312

This in turns caused both lift arms to be at an angle relative to anything attached to it:

View attachment 781313

So I'll be taking those back to the dealer on Monday when I sign the paper-work and make the down payment.
They are not bent. Check that the lower arms are not reversed too. Some guys reverse them for different lift height. Mine are slanted too. If your hitch is properly installed it will work fine and you will see why they are slanted. I will take a pic of mine if I can later and post it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah that makes more sense than both being bent front the factory the exact same amount on both sides with 1.1 hour on the engine. :) I'll check them again in the morning when I get back at it. I bet you're right that they reversed them when putting it together. My 5 series and Ford 1700 both have straight lift rods as best I recall. I guess it all depends on the design.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Congrats !!
Very nice set of man toys!

·
Premium Member
2,011 Posts

As you can see mine have the sam shape. If you look close you will also see that I put an adjustable on both sides for extra lift or tilt

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Reactions: Firemark

·
Premium Member
18,086 Posts
Nice

Reactions: Firemark

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the pic @Firemark ! Great idea using dual adjustables. Once I get the 120R install done, I'll take a closer look at the lower arms and see if swapping them around takes care of the issue.

I'm having a really hard time tracking down the installation manual for my 2020 60D mechanical lift. Part number is BXX10229. It looks pretty simple, so I can probably figure it out without a manual:

But I'll see if the dealer can download and email me the pdf for it to ensure I get the adjustments done right. I know some are having issues raising the deck any higher than about 3.5".

The deer.com parts catalog, does show this view, which helps a lot:

Anyway, to day should be another fun one!

When I go back to sign the paperwork on Monday, I'm going to see if my sales guy can swap out my R4's for the Versa Turfs. The more I read about them, the more I want them! He'll have to order them since he does not have any 1025R's on the lot with them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Turns out everything is fine with the lower arms. The geometry changes as you raise the 3 point, so the arms straighten out as you raise it. I guess this is due to limited height of this compact frame tractor.

Anyway, got the FEL installed:

I'll need to get out the pressure washer to clean the big guy. It looks really bad next to the new shiny guy now. lol

Of course the first order of business was to take the crate wood to the burn pile!

Also got the mower deck installed:

Found a space for it between the 5 series and the Ford 1700:

Overall very please with this little guy! I have a few issues I'll sort out with the dealer on Monday. Like once the front brackets for the mower are installed, the bolts for the grill guard are not long enough, and a few other odds and ends, but nothing major.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,978 Posts
Looking great!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts