Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made the 300 mile round trip today and picked up my used (75 hrs) 1023E. Seems like the thing to do is post a pic. Used it to scrape ice off the drive just to play around a bit. With the temps in the low 40s the ice was soft enough to scrape up, and worked great. Only complaint, and it is a minor one, is that you can't operate curl and boom at the same time as I can on my dad's Kubota. Other than that it is a sweet machine.

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
Not even broken in yet. ;)

Congrats

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Very Nice!!:good2: Good Luck with it and have some fun!!

·
Administrator
20,894 Posts
Congrats! :yahoo:

With a bit of practice, you'll be able to use both functions on the loader at the same time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats! :yahoo:

With a bit of practice, you'll be able to use both functions on the loader at the same time.
So you can operate both functions at the same time? Seemed like when I pulled the boom control all the way back to raise the loader, nothing happened to the curl when I simultaneously moved the lever left to dump it. I had to lift the boom to the height I wanted, then dump the bucket. At least that is how it seemed to want to operate.

·
Administrator
20,894 Posts
So you can operate both functions at the same time? Seemed like when I pulled the boom control all the way back to raise the loader, nothing happened to the curl when I simultaneously moved the lever left to dump it. I had to lift the boom to the height I wanted, then dump the bucket. At least that is how it seemed to want to operate.
Finesse my friend, finesse. You have to find the sweet spot. It also depends on the job and the load. It just takes practice. You'll get it. :good2:

With an open center hydraulic system, fluid flows in the path of least resistance. When activating both circuits, you have to balance the flow between two cylinders. If one has more of a load than the other, than it needs more "stick" to compensate and add more flow. That removes available flow for the other cylinder. It's just a balancing act. With practice this will become second nature.

·
Registered
709 Posts
That is a nice looking tractor! You did good! Nice retriever too.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Nice tractor!!!! Anything around here with those few hours would still be considered "new" by me! Enjoy!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,839 Posts
Looks NICE vtail.
How does the Polaris feel about it?:lol:

·
Premium Member
14,911 Posts
Very nice , and enjoy. New at a used price.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I bet it still has that new tractor smell.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Looks new to me...Have fun....:greentractorride:

·
Registered
517 Posts
yep, that's a beauty.. I get my 1023 in a month.. Can't believe the dealer can't get one for me sooner!.. Enjoy and post more pics and your thoughts on the machine when you get some more seat time..

·
Registered
588 Posts
Congrats and don't have to much fun:greentractorride:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts